Another OnePlus phone has joined the Android 14 and OxygenOS 14 class. OnePlus Nord 3 is the latest to receive the stable Android 14 update. Earlier Android 14 update for the device was available through closed beta and open beta program. The company has already released Android 14 for OnePlus 11 and OnePlus 11R.
OnePlus officially announced Stable Android 14 for OnePlus Nord 3 via community post. The update is first rolling out for users who previously opted for Closed Beta or Open Beta. And soon the update will reach everyone in a few weeks. It is currently available in India, but expected to go live in other regions soon.
The Android 14 based OxygenOS 14 is the first major update for OnePlus Nord 3. The update is available with build number CPH2491_188.8.131.52(EX01). As this is a major update, a bunch of new features and changes are available with the update. Here is the official changelog.
OnePlus Nord 3 Android 14 Changelog
- Adds Fluid Cloud, a way of interaction with morphing forms that allows you to view up-to-date information at a glance.
- Adds File Dock, where you can drag and drop to transfer content between apps and devices.
- Adds Content Extraction, a feature that can recognize and extract text and images from the screen with one tap.
- Adds Smart Cutout, a feature that can separate multiple subjects in a photo from the background for copying or sharing.
- Improves Shelf by adding more widget recommendations.
Security and privacy
- Improves photo and video-related permission management for safer access by apps.
- Improves system stability, the launch speed of apps, and the smoothness of animations.
- Upgrades Aquamorphic Design with a natural, gentle, and clearer color style for a more comfortable color experience.
- Adds Aquamorphic-themed ringtones and revamps the system notification sounds.
- Improves system animations by making them even smoother.
- Adds a carbon tracking AOD that visualizes the carbon emissions you avoid by walking instead of driving.
The Android 14 update for Nord 3 is gradually rolling out starting with closed beta and open beta users. It should be available for everyone in next few week. OnePlus users also have the option to manually install the update immediately. All the to third party apps where you can easily find incremental OTA files.
Before upgrading your phone, make sure to take backup and charge your phone to at least 50%.