OnePlus Nord 2 users, there is news for you to be excited about. OxygenOS 12 open beta for OnePlus Nord 2 has gone live. Since this is an open beta, anyone with a Nord 2 device can experience the Android 12 based OOS 12 features. The OnePlus Nord 2 lags behind the first Nord in update, but not far behind. Here you will get to know everything about Android 12 based OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus Nord 2.
Last week, OnePlus rolled out the second OOS 12 open beta for the first Nord, which means the Nord is only a few weeks from the stable Android 12 update. When it comes to the OnePlus Nord 2, the first beta just went live and so we can expect the second OOS 12 Open Beta in a couple of weeks followed by the stable Android 12 update.
OnePlus Nord 2 was released almost a year ago with the Android 11 update. And so this makes Android 12 its first major update which should have arrived earlier as other brands have already released Android 12 for many of their mid range phones.
The OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 is currently available in India. It is expected to be available in other regions soon. The first Open Beta comes with a bunch of new features that many users have been waiting for. You can check the full changelog below.
OnePlus Nord 2 OxygenOS 12 Open Beta Changelog
- Newly added Smart Battery Engine, a feature that prolongs battery life based on smart algorithms and biomimetic self-restoration technology
- Optimized AI System Booster to 2.1 for your system to run smoothly even when the load is high
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Optimized Extra HD, a feature that can significantly enhance image and video resolutions
- Dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health status
- Work-Life Balance
- Work-Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Newly added the HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
You might be unable to use Face Unlock in the dark after turning on Brighten screen in dim light through Settings.
Fortnite will crash when playing the game.
Install OxygenOS 12 Open Beta on OnePlus Nord 2
If you are a OnePlus Nord 2 user in India then you can install the update immediately. Users who are using the closed beta should get the OTA update soon. But users who are on the latest stable build need to download the Android 12 Open Beta package to manually install it on OnePlus Nord 2. Below you can find the steps.
- First things first, you’ve to download the OOS12 open beta build shared by OnePlus.
- Once downloaded, move the ROM to the phone’s internal storage (keep it outside of every folder).
- Power off the phone > Press the Power button and Volume Down button for 10 seconds at the same time. Select language to enter the Recovery mode.
- Now click Install from Storage > Click on the package you downloaded earlier > upgrade > System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
- Enjoy the Android 12 based OxygenOS 12 Open beta on your OnePlus Nord 2.
You can head over to the OnePlus community forum for more information. OnePlus also shared the rollback package, if you want to rollback to the previous release then you can check it on the company’s community forum.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera 8.1 for OnePlus Nord 2
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.