The wait is finally over! OnePlus has started rolling out the stable OxygenOS 13 update for OnePlus Nord 2. The new software goes live for the second-generation Nord smartphones with several new features and changes. Here are all details about the OnePlus Nord 2 Android 13 update.
OnePlus is pushing the new update to the Nord 2 smartphone with the DN2101_11.F.22 firmware version in India. The two-year-old smartphone was released with Android 11 OS, later, it received the OxygenOS 12 based Android 12 update. And now the device is getting its second big software upgrade – the Android 13 upgrade. As a major upgrade, it weighs around 5.44GB in size, if your phone is already running on beta, then it should weigh around 1.2GB in size.
Moving to the changes, the OnePlus Nord 2 Android 13 update comes with several new features that includes Aquamorphic design elements, a new world clock widget, the ability to create large folders on the home screen, new media playback controls, new markup tools for screenshot editing, sidebar toolbox for managing floating window apps, a number of optimizations for Always-On display, HyperBoost GPA 4.0 for faster gaming, and more.
Here’s the complete changelog of OnePlus Nord 2 Android 13 update.
- Aquamorphic Design
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
- Adapts responsive layouts to accommodate different screen sizes to improve readability.
- Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
- Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open a floating window inside apps for smooth operation.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
- Seamless Interaction
- Optimizes Screencast, with cast content automatically adapting to the target screen.
- Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
- Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimizes Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
- Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
- Security & Privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
- Health & Digital Wellbeing
- Adds distance-from-phone, ambient light, and sitting posture reminders in Kid Space.
- Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
- Gaming experience
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
At the moment, the upgrade is available to the users running on any of these builds – DN2101_11.C.12 / C.13 / C.14. If your phone is already updated to any of these versions, then you can easily update it to the OxygenOS 13 stable update. You can navigate to Settings > About device > Tap up to date > Tap icon on the top right > Beta program > Beta > Official > Apply Now > Back to Settings > About device > Download Now.
If you are in a hurry, then you can upgrade your phone manually using the OnePlus updater app, then sideload it using the local upgrade method. Before upgrading make sure to take a backup of important data. Also, make sure to charge your smartphone to at least 30%.
If you’ve any query, then leave it in the comment box below. Also, share this article with your friends.
- Download OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite Stock Wallpapers [FHD+]
- OnePlus Nord 2T starts getting stable OxygenOS 13 update
- Download OnePlus 11 Wallpapers in QHD+ Resolution
- Download Google Camera 8.7 for OnePlus 11R
- Download Google Camera 8.1 for OnePlus Nord 2