The wait is finally over! OnePlus has started pushing the Android 12 to the Nord 2 smartphone. The firm has been testing its newest skin – OxygenOS 12.1 on the OnePlus Nord 2 since March. Just a few days ago, the device received a second open beta upgrade. And now the stable OxygenOS 12.1 based Android 12 update goes live for the OnePlus Nord 2. The latest update packs a flurry of new features, improvements, and fixes. Here you can check everything about OnePlus Nord 2 Android 12 update.
OnePlus kicks off the stable build with the same build number we’ve seen last week with a second open beta update. Yes, the firmware has the DN2101_11_C.04 software version. Notably, some users see a beta tag after updating to the new firmware, nonetheless, if you own the Nord 2 and want to try out the new Android 12 features, then you can finally upgrade your phone to the new OS. The update weighs a whopping 4.89GB in size, I recommend you to download it over a WiFi connection.
The firm has yet to confirm the rollout as they always did on their community forum. But, there are many Nord 2 users who have reportedly received the new update rolling with a complete changelog. Moving to the features list, then the newest OxygenOS skin bags features like Canvas AOD 2.0, Work Life Balance 2.0, new Notes app, Theme Store, new at-a-glance cards and widgets, system-wide search bar, and much more. Apart from these changes, you can also get access of Android 12-essentials such as widgets, dynamic theming, new privacy controls, and more.
Here’s the complete changelog of the Nord 2 Android 12 update.
OnePlus Nord 2 OxygenOS 12 Update Changelog:
- Newly added Smart Battery Engine, a feature that prolongs battery life based on smart algorithms and biomimetic self-restoration technology
- Optimized AI System Booster to 2.1 for your system to run smoothly even when the load is high
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Optimized Extra HD, a feature that can significantly enhance image and video resolutions
- Dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health stats
- Work Life Balance
- Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Newly added the HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
If you’re a proud OnePlus Nord 2 owner and want to upgrade to the OxygenOS 12.1 based on Android 12, then you can open Settings > Software Update and check for the new updates, if you see the new update, then you can simply install it by tapping the download and install option. But in case the update is not available, then you can wait for a few days, as OnePlus is rolling the updates in a staged manner.
You can also update your phone immediately using the local update method if it is not available on the System Update page. All you have to do is download the OTA zip file using the Oxygen Updater app or other reliable source and install it manually by selecting Local Upgrade in System Update settings.
June 1: OnePlus officially confirmed the update
OnePlus has officially confirmed the rollout of the new update on its community forum. The details reveal that the update is currently available in India and will be available soon for NA and EU variants. Apart from that the firm mentioned that characteristics of the Pac-Man edition in alarm and weather will be unavailable in this first release, and will be available in the next build. Here’s the changelog shared by OnePlus.
- [Fixed] the issue that the lock screen interface displayed abnormally when charging
- [Fixed] the issue that the screen brightness displayed abnormally in certain scenarios
- [Fixed] the occasional issue that the desktop text displayed abnormally in certain scenarios
- [Optimized] the anti-shake effect when shooting videos
- [Optimized] the speed of enabling Camera in certain scenarios
- [Fixed] the issue of abnormal crash when enabling Fortnite
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for OnePlus Nord 2
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.