OnePlus has released the OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. The best thing, OxygenOS 11 beta is based on the recently announced Android 11. The update knocks up with a flurry of new features to your OnePlus 8 series smartphone. Here’s everything you need to know about the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro Android 11 Update (OxygenOS 11 Beta 1).
The company started testing Android 11 (via developer preview) from June 2020. Recently, OnePlus has pushed its newest Android skin – OxygenOS 11 via developer preview 3. Now, OnePlus kicks off the first beta of OxygenOS 11.
PS: We didn’t recommend flashing these builds on your primary phone. But if you’re eagerly waiting for the Android 11 update then you can sideload it on your OnePlus 8 series device.
In terms of features, the new build comes with a new power menu, new UI for the weather app, a slew of Always-On Display function (including 10 new clock styles), notifications bubble, resize PiP videos sport, new icon shapes, enhanced security, and more. It also has the essential features of Android 11. Here’s the complete changelog.
OxygenOS 11 based Android 11 Beta for OnePlus 8 Series – Changelog
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Brand new weather UI supports dynamic switches between sunrise and sunset. You can have day and night at your hand now
- Optimized the brightness bar display in status bar, enabling you to quickly adjust it by pulling down quick settings.
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode, WhatsApp, Instagram and Screen Recorder at one place (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Added Always-on ambient Display function, custom Schedule / All day option included. Path: Settings – Display – Ambient Display.
- Added 10 new clock styles. Path: Settings – Customization – Clock Style
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data. ( To set: Settings>Customization>Clock Style)
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range.
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grassland, Zen space1, Zen space2), and more timing options.
- Included the Group feature in Zen Mode, now you can invite your friends and enable the Zen Mode together.
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage.
Download OnePlus 8 (Pro) OxygenOS 11 based Android 11 Beta 1
This is not an airborne update, this is a beta build which can be downloaded manually. You can use the below-listed download links of Android 11 Beta builds. There’s a risk of bricking the device so make sure to take a complete backup of all data. You can also revert back to the stable build. Here are the links of both Android 11 Beta builds and the previous stable build.
Download Android 11 based OxygenOS 11 Beta Update for OnePlus 8 & OnePlus 8 Pro
Download Android 10 Stable for OnePlus 8
Download Android 10 Stable for OnePlus 8 Pro
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
How to Install OxygenOS 11 based Android 11 Beta on OnePlus 8 (Pro)
- First, you need to download the Android 11 Beta build from the afore-listed download links.
- Now copy the package to your phone’s storage (outside of every folder).
- Then, head over to the system settings > system > system updates.
- Now, click on the hover icon available on the top right corner > local upgrade > select the file.
- All done, restart your device.
Now, you can start using your OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 8 Pro running on OxygenOS 11 based Android 11 beta. If you’re facing any issues, then you can revert back to the previous stable build, you can download the build file from the afore-listed links. That’s it.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for OnePlus 8 Pro
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: