OnePlus has been testing the Android 14 on the OnePlus 11 for the past three months, but, the initial developer preview build was based on OxygenOS 13. Today, the company has officially confirmed the development of the next version of its custom skin, OxygenOS 14, with the recent announcement of the closed beta program for OnePlus 11. Read on to learn all details about the OxygenOS 14 closed beta for OnePlus 11.
OnePlus officially shares the news of the beta testing program on its community forum. The closed beta testing program is currently limited to 500 seats and available exclusively for OnePlus 11 owners in India. If you’re interested, be sure to join the program soon. Some lucky users will have the opportunity to get rewards depending on their performance in the closed beta testing program.
OnePlus shares a list of eligibility requirements, you can check here before taking a part in the beta program.
- You are using a OnePlus 11 India variant
- You are an active OnePlus Community member
- You are willing to regularly communicate and report issues/suggestions to the OnePlus team by Feedback APP
- You are willing to join our CBT Telegram group to communicate with OnePlus team and other users activily and friendly
- For confidentiality, participants are not allowed to secretly share the CBT installation package or any content related to the internal beta with people outside the project team.
- Time of Application: August 4th – Aug 10th
- Seats: 500
Although the Android 14 based OxygenOS 14 is in its early phase of testing, I don’t recommend installing the CBT build on your primary device. You may encounter some issues on the beta, here’s the list of known issues shared by OnePlus.
- Low probability of black screen issue on the lock screen when receiving incoming calls.
- Possible stuttering issue during fingerprint unlock.
- APP interface shows directly when being opened on desktop without transition animation.
- Possible stuttering issue during switching tasks via multitasking background when downloading files.
How to Join OxygenOS 14 Closed Beta Testers Program on OnePlus 11
If you own OnePlus 11 and want to try out the Android 14 based OxygenOS 14 closed beta on your device, then you can follow these steps to join the program, but before moving ahead make sure to take a backup of important data and charge your device to at least 60%.
First things first, make sure your OnePlus 11 is running on any of these builds – CPH2447_22.214.171.1240(EX01)/CPH2447_126.96.36.1990(EX01)
To join the OxygenOS 14 CBT, head over to Settings > About device > Tap up to date > Tap icon on the top right> Trail Version Application > Follow the on-screen instructions to enter your details.
Once done, OnePlus will take five days to review your application, if your application got selected you will receive the OxygenOS 14 closed beta via a special OTA update. You will also receive a Telegram group invitation by message on your phone.