In February, OnePlus started testing the OxygenOS 12 on the OnePlus Nord by recruiting some testers for the closed beta program. Today, OnePlus has kicked off the more stable version of the upcoming OxygenOS 12 update through an open beta program. If you’re a proud OnePlus Nord owner and in a haste to taste the new features of Android 12 based OxygenOS 12, then you can take a part in the open beta program. Here’s everything you need to know about OnePlus Nord Open Beta 1 update.
As always, OnePlus has announced the open beta through its community forum, and as per the details, any Nord user can upgrade to the open beta 1. It is a second major software update for the OnePlus Nord, the two-year-old phone was unveiled with Android 10, last year, it received Android 11, and not we can expect the Android 12 update very soon.
Before moving ahead, the open beta 1 is still not a good option for you if you want to use it on your primary phone. Yes, OnePlus has mentioned some issues you may encounter in the open beta 1, these are the following issues.
- The left bottom button of the keyboard may disappear.
- Unable to browse, delete and download pictures in Cloud.
- Personal Safe may not respond.
- Anti-shake effect in Snapchat may not be obvious.
- The screen may flicker when previewing after taking pictures.
Moving to the feature, then the update is seeding with features such as Canvas AOD 2.0, Work-Life Balance 2.0, new Notes app, Theme Store, new at-a-glance cards and widgets, system-wide search bar, and much more. Here’s the complete changelog shared by OnePlus.
- [Added] Smart Battery Engine, a feature that prolongs your battery life based on smart algorithms and biomimetic self-restoration technology
- [Optimized] desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Dark mode
- [Supported] three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- [Added] new additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- [Added] access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Work Life Balance
- [Added] Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- [Supported] automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- [Supported] switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- [Added] new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- [Added] multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- [Optimized] software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- [Added] HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
- [Added] Voice effect preview to allow you to record your voice effect or check your voice effect in real-time
If you’re using the OnePlus Nord and want to taste the features of OxygenOS 12 based Android 12, then you can now sideload the open beta build on your phone. Before moving to the steps, make sure to take a backup of important data which will be helpful in case of any issues. Now let’s move on to the steps on how to install the open beta build.
- First things first, you’ve to download the open beta build shared by OnePlus.
- Once downloaded, move the ROM to the phone’s internal storage.
- Now head over to the Settings > System > System Updates > Click top right icon gear icon > Local upgrade > choose the downloaded file, then wait for the process to be completed.
- Once all done, reboot your phone.
- That’s it.
You can head over to the OnePlus community forum for more information. OnePlus also shared the rollback package, if you want to rollback to the previous release then you can check it on the company’s community forum.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for OnePlus Nord
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.