OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro are the company’s latest premium phones to taste the features of the new Android 13-based OxygenOS 13 update. If you own the OnePlus 9 series smartphone then you can now upgrade it to the stable Android 13 update. The stable build comes two months after the release of the open beta build. Here you can check everything about the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro Android 13 update.
OnePlus 9 series phones were released last year with an Android 11 update out of the box and the two premium phones received the first major software upgrade – the Android 12 upgrade last year. And now is the time for the second OS upgrade.
OnePlus has officially confirmed the rollout on its community forum and as per the details, the update goes live in all three regions – Europe, India, and North America. The update is seeding with NE2215_11.F.16 in the NA region, LE2113_11.F.16 in the EU, and LE2111_11.F.16 in India on the OnePlus 9. If you own the Pro model, then you will receive the new build with LE2125_11.F.16 in NA, LE2123_11.F.16 in EU, and LE2121_11.F.16 in India.
The company has mentioned that the upgrade will be available first to those who participated in the open beta program and later pushed to the other users. Android 13-based OxygenOS 13 is a big upgrade for the OnePlus 9 series phones, since it is a big upgrade, it weighs a whopping 4.92GB in size, I suggest you download it over a WiFi connection.
Talking about the changes, the Android 13 update for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro is seeding with features like Aquamorphic design elements to the OS, a new world clock widget for the home screen, a Quantum Animation Engine 4.0 upgrade, the ability to create large folders on home screen, media playback control optimization to the Quick Settings, new markup tools for screenshot editing, sidebar toolbox for managing floating window apps, a number of optimizations for Always-On display, HyperBoost GPA 4.0 for better gaming performance, and more.
Check out the complete list of changes here.
- Aquamorphic Design
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connecting and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds a new type of Always-On Display that shows live information about music, ride-hailing, and food delivery (Supports only some apps).
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
- Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open a floating window inside apps for smooth operation.
- Upgrades Doodle in Notes. You can now draw on graphics to take notes more efficiently.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
- Seamless interconnection
- Optimizes cross-device file transfer, with more file formats and device models supported.
- Optimizes Screencast, with cast content automatically adapting to the target screen.
- Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
- Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimizes insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimizes Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
- Security & privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files
- Health & Digital wellbeing
- Adds Kid Space, providing screen time limit ambient light reminders and Eye-protecting display features.
- Gaming experience
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios
Now if you own the OnePlus 9 or 9 Pro and want to upgrade to the new software, then you can go to the Software upgrades settings and check if there’s a new update available or not. In case the update is not available yet, you can wait for a few days. OnePlus usually releases major upgrades in a staged manner.
If you are in a hurry, then you can upgrade your phone manually using the OnePlus updater app, then sideload it using the local upgrade method. Before upgrading make sure to take a backup of important data. Also, make sure to charge your smartphone to at least 30%.
You May Also Like – Google Camera for OnePlus 9 Pro
If you’ve any query, then leave it in the comment box below. Also, share this article with your friends.