The OnePlus 8T is last year’s flagship phone which is now receiving a new incremental update as OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 and OxygenOS 184.108.40.206. The update version varies as per the region. Oxygen OS 220.127.116.11 is rolling out in Europe and North America, while Oxygen OS 18.104.22.168 is rolling out in India. The OnePlus 8T OxygenOS 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 bring some improvements and bug fixes.
This year the OnePlus 8T has received many OxygenOS updates that increased the stability and performance of the phone. As usual, OnePlus rolled out the OnePlus 8T OxygenOS 188.8.131.52/184.108.40.206 update along with a new update for the OnePlus 8/8 Pro. OnePlus 8T is receiving a new update in the EU with build number 220.127.116.11.KB05BA, NA with 18.104.22.168.KB05AA and IN with 22.214.171.124.KB05DA.
As this is a small incremental update, the update size is around 100MB. Despite a minor update, you get to see many improvements and bug fixes in the latest OnePlus 8T update. Talking about changes, you will get an optimized camera, August 2021 Android security patch, AOD screenshot, and more. Luckily the changelog is available, which you can check next.
OnePlus 8T OxygenOS 126.96.36.199/188.8.131.52 Changelog
- Newly adapted OnePlus Buds Pro and brought new powerful features
- Newly added the screenshot feature for AOD
- Fixed the failed issue of Navigation gestures in some scenes
- Improved system stability and fixed known issues
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.08
- Optimized the portrait mode effect of the front camera
OnePlus Store (IN Only)
- An intuitive and convenient way to manage your OnePlus account, get easy-to-access support, discover exciting members-only benefits, and shop for OnePlus products. (Please note that it can be uninstalled)
- Newly added Bitmoji AOD, co-designed with Snapchat, which will liven up the ambient display with your personal Bitmoji avatar. Your avatar will update throughout the day based on your activity and things happening around you ( Path: Settings – Customization – Clock on ambient display – Bitmoji)
Download OxygenOS 184.108.40.206/220.127.116.11 for OnePlus 8T
OnePlus released the last update, OxygenOS 18.104.22.168, in July only for the EU and NA region. And that is why there is a different update version for the Indian unit. As usual, the update hits devices in batches which means some users will get the update early while the remaining users will get it in the next few days. Sometimes, we don’t get update notifications and so you can also verify it manually from Settings > System > System Update.
Luckily, OnePlus allows users to install incremental OTA zip files. It means if you want to update immediately if the new update doesn’t show up, you can use the OTA zip file. You can download the OnePlus 8T OxygenOS 22.214.171.124 & 126.96.36.199 OTA files from the Oxygen Updater app. And after downloading, head to System Update and select local upgrade. Before upgrading, always make sure to take a full backup and charge your phone to at least 50%.
You May Also Like: Google Camera for OnePlus 8T
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.