OnePlus has already joined the race for the Android 13 update a few weeks back. But some OnePlus phones are yet to receive the Android 12 update, including the flagship phone series from 2019. A year after the release of Android 12, OnePlus has started rolling out the stable Android 12 based OxygenOS 12 update for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7T series.
The Open beta testing for the OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, and OnePlus 7T Pro also started late, resulting in further delays in the stable update. Both the OnePlus 7 and the OnePlus 7T series are flagship phones of their time, yet users had to wait a year to get the update.
This has been the case with most Android based OEMs. Leaving all the complaints aside, Android 12 finally comes to the OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, and OnePlus 7T Pro. And as per the OnePlus update policy, this could be the last major update for both the OnePlus 7 and the OnePlus 7T series.
Android 12 based OxygenOS 12.1 comes with various improvements and some new features. The update for the OnePlus 7 series comes with the build number H.28 and for the OnePlus 7T series the update comes with the build number F.16. Update size may vary per model and the build you are coming from.
So far, OnePlus hasn’t officially shared anything regarding the update on the forum. But OnePlus users have reported that they are now getting the stable Android 12 update. This might not be an interesting update for many users as it is more like a ColorOS update than an OxygenOS update.
It is a major update and so you can expect many changes. You can check the full update changelog below.
- Newly added Smart Battery Engine, a feature that prolongs your battery life based on smart algorithms and biomimetic self-restoration technology
- Redesigns app icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons
- Revamps the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and optimizes the presentation of text and color to make key information stand out
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Optimized spam block rules: Adds a rule for blocking MMS messages
- Newly added the HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
- Newly added Voice effect preview to allow you to record your voice effect or check your voice effect in real time
- Dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Work Life Balance
- Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Optimized categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar
Stable Android 12 Update for OnePlus 7/7T
The stable Android 12 is now rolling to Open Beta users. This means users who are using the Open Beta build will get the update first. But soon the update will be available to everyone. As per the conversations on the forum, the update is available in India. It might also be available in other regions as well. If you are a OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7T user then you will receive the OTA update on your phone. To check for the update, go to Settings > System > System Update.
Users can also make use of the Oxygen Updater app to download the Android 12 OTA zip and install the update manually to skip the waiting time. Before updating your OnePlus phone, make sure to take a backup of your phone and charge it to at least 50%.
- OnePlus 10 Pro starts receiving stable Android 13 update
- Google releases a bunch of New Wallpapers for Pixel Phones [Download]
- How to Root Android 13 [Detailed Guide]