Three months ago, OnePlus thrown out the fourth open beta patch of OxygenOS 11 for OnePlus 7 and 7T series. Now, the company begins rolling out OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 5 to both series. The latest update knocks up the OnePlus 7 series and 7T series with May 2021 monthly security patch, bugs fixes, and improvements. Here you can check everything about OnePlus 7 (Pro) OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 5 Update and OnePlus 7T (Pro) OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 5 Update.
The update lands on the OnePlus 7T with OP7T_O2_Beta_5 version number and requires a download of 345MB. While if your smartphone is running on the stable build, then it requires a chunk of data for sideloading. As for now, OnePlus does not share info about the rollout on its community forum, but there are some users on social media reportedly receiving the new update on OnePlus 7 series and 7T series phones.
In terms of changes, the OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 5 knocks up with May 2021 monthly security patch. The company also addresses a number of bugs such as Google Fi app calling issue, stability issues, and some other known issues. The update also brings improvements like compatibility of third-party apps on Android 11, Wi-Fi stability, loading speed improvements for gallery app, and more. Here you can check complete changelog before sideloading.
OnePlus 7T OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 5 Update – Changelog
- Reduced battery consumption under specific scenarios
- Improved the compatibility of specific third-party apps on Android 11
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Upgrade Android Security Patch level to May 2021
- Improved the overall application stability
- Fixed the probability issue about can not answer the calls via Google Fi app
- Improved the Wi-Fi connection stability
- Improved the overall loading speed
- Improved the animation performance and frame rate
OnePlus 7 & 7T Series OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 5 Update
OnePlus 7, 7 Pro, 7T, or 7T Pro owners can now upgrade their smartphone to the OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 5. If your device is running on the open beta, then you’ll receive the update via OTA, while if you’re running on the stable version then you can opt in the beta program and then upgrade your device to the latest software.
If you’re upgrading from the stable build, then I suggest you to take a backup of important data. Also, charge your smartphone to at least 50% before sideloading the update.
In case your smartphone is running on open beta and didn’t receive the OTA, then you can check updates manually by moving to Settings > System > System Updates. It will search for the update and display the latest update. Click on Download & Install to begin the process.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- How to Root OnePlus 7 Pro and Unlock Bootloader (Guide)
- How to Root OnePlus 7T and Unlock Bootloader
- Google Camera for OnePlus 7T [Best GCam]
- Download iOS 15 Wallpapers [4K Resolution]