Recently OnePlus has updated the OS update policy which states that its flagship phones (OnePlus 8 or newer) will now get three major updates and four year security updates. It is an improvement over 2 major upgrades and three years of security updates. In the Android 11 update schedule for OnePlus phones, the OnePlus 6/6T was scheduled to get its first beta in August. Luckily OnePlus has released the Android 11 beta for OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T a month ahead of its schedule.
The beta update comes as the Oxygen OS 11 Open Beta for OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T. OnePlus 6 was launched in 2018 with Android 8.1 out of the box while the OnePlus 6T was launched in the last quarter of the same year but with Android 9 Out of the box. And as per their policy, this is the last update for both phones. However, the OnePlus 6 users are lucky as it will be the third major update for the device.
Since this is the first Android 11 beta for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T, expect some bugs. It is not recommended to test the first Android 11 beta on your primary OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T device. But if you want to try it, don’t forget to backup your data. Now let’s check the changes you get to see in the first Android 11 beta for OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T.
OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T Android 11 Beta Changelog
- Updated to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Since this is a big Android update with multiple new features, the upgrade process might be a little longer, please be more patient.
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up, and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp, and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mistouch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer a more convenient operation
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Added a shortcut for Dark Mode, you can pull down the Quick Settings panel and find it
- Supported automatically enable by time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range)
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T Android 11 Beta
The OxygenOS 11 Beta is available for both OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T devices. Like the stable build, it will not be available as OTA if you are running a stable build. So to get the OxygenOS 11 Beta on your OnePlus 6 or OnePlus 6T, you have to manually install the update. Luckily in the official forum, OnePlus has shared the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T Android 11 Beta files on the official forum. You can download Android 11 beta files from the given link.
Once you have the required files, you can install them directly on your phone. You can also check out the steps given below.
Steps to Install Android 11 Beta on OnePlus 6 & OnePlus 6T
- Download the latest OnePlus 6/6T OxygenOS 11 Open Beta Zip file from the link.
- Copy the downloaded zip file to your phone storage. Keep it outside of every folder.
- Now open Settings on your phone and go to System > System updates.
- Tap on the Settings icon and then tap on Local Upgrade.
- Browse and select the OxygenOS 11 Open Beta zip file and install it.
- Restart your phone and enjoy the latest Android 11 beta on OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera 6.1 for OnePlus 6 & 6T [Night Sight & More Features]
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- Download & Install LineageOS 16 on OnePlus 6T (Official)
- How to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 6T [Easy Method]
- Download OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition Stock Live Wallpapers [FHD+]