The Chinese smartphone brand OnePlus has started rolling out the OxygenOS based Android 10 update for the OnePlus 6 and 6T as Open Beta 1. Both the smartphones launched last year ran on Android Oreo now gets a taste of the new Android 10. The update brings some notable changes in the overall UI, full-screen gestures, Game Space, the latest security patch, along with the improvements. Last week, the company confirmed the Android 10 for OnePlus 5 and 6 lineups. Now, OnePlus announced the Open Beta for OnePlus 6 and 6T. Here you can Download OnePlus 6 & 6T Android 10 Update.
After successfully releasing the Android 10 stable update for OnePlus 7 lineup, the company push the Open Beta for the last year’s phones. Those who enrolled in the beta program can download the OTA if it’s weeding in your region. But if you’ve not signed for the beta program, then you can download the firmware and manually update your smartphone. It brings the latest October 2019 security patch alongside the Android 10 features.
Talking about the features then, the OxygenOS based Android 10 comes with features like new UI, GameSpace, system-wide Dark Mode, full-screen navigation gestures, and a lot of improvements. The update carries the OxygenOS version number 10. And the recovery ROM is approx. 1.7GB in size. Before downloading the firmware, take a look at the full changelog.
OnePlus 6 & 6T Android 10 Update – Changelog
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
Download Android 10 Open Beta for OnePlus 6 & 6T
The OxygenOS based Android 10 (Open Beta 1) OTA ZIP is now available to download for OnePlus 6 & 6T. Well, It is a beta update which means it may have bugs. But If you’re in a hurry then you can download the OTA ZIP and taste all the Android 10 features on your OnePlus 6 or 6T. Below we list the firmware links, after downloading the firmware, follow the steps that we’ve mentioned in the installation process.
- Download OnePlus 6 Android 10 Open Beta OTA ZIP (Firmware)
- Download OnePlus 6T Android 10 Open Beta OTA ZIP (Firmware)
- Before updating, Must charge your phone more than 30%.
- Take a full backup of your data, in case of failures you may lose your data.
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
How to Update OnePlus 6/6T to Android 10 (Open Beta)
- At first, download the firmware from the above-listed download links.
- Transfer the firmware on your smartphone and place it to the internal storage (outside of every folder).
- Now, head over to the Settings > System Updates.
- Then click on the three-dots menu icon available at the top right corner.
- Now click on the local upgrade option. It will automatically detect the file.
- Tap on the detected file and select Install.
- After installation, The phone will restart automatically.
- That’s it.
That’s all for the OnePlus 6 & 6T Android 10 update.
You May Also Like – Download OnePlus 7T McLaren Edition Wallpapers
If you’ve any query make sure to leave the comment in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- Download Google Camera 7.1 APK [Latest]
- How to Enable Dark Mode on any Android
- Best Nova Launcher Themes & Setups