OnePlus announced OxygenOS 13 along with the OnePlus 10T launch last week. Later in the same week, the OnePlus 10 Pro received the ColorOS 13 beta in China. And now finally, the OnePlus 10 Pro gets OxygenOS 13 Open Beta 1 in North America and India. Samsung and Oppo are two other OEMs that have released Android 13 based open beta for their flagship phones. Let’s find out all about OxygenOS 13 open beta for OnePlus 10 Pro.
Android 13 Developer Preview was previously available for OnePlus 10 Pro, but it was not based on OxygenOS 13. And as soon as it was announced last week, we all knew that the OnePlus 10 Pro would get its open beta in a few days. And as expected, the first OxygenOS 13 open beta for the OnePlus 10 Pro is out in India and North America. It will be available in Europe later.
Since this is the first OxygenOS 13 open beta, it may contain some major bugs along with some known bugs. OnePlus 10 Pro users running on version A.15 or newer can opt for Android 13 based OxygenOS 13 open beta.
The new OxygenOS 13 comes with a new UI language called Aquamorphoc Design by OnePlus. There are a bunch of new features that come with the first build of OxygenOS 13. OnePlus officially shared the news on the official forum, including the full changelog which you can read below.
OnePlus 10 Pro OxygenOS 13 Open Beta 1 Changelog
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up the Shelf by default.
- Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
- Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimizes Canvas Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security & Privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
- Adds Kid Space, providing screen time limit, ambient light reminders, and Eye-protecting display features.
- Optimizes Dolby Sound effects with enhanced spatial sound field perception and more accurate sound sourcing.
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
Users with an unlocked OnePlus 10 Pro can immediately install the Android 13 based OxygenOS 13 open beta if they want to test out new features and don’t mind bugs. Carrier Lock models may get open beta in the coming days. Before applying for OxygenOS 13 Open Beta, make sure your phone is running OxygenOS 12 A.15 or a newer build. Also, back up important data and charge it up to 50% at least.
Download OxygenOS 13 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 10 Pro
Once you have the Android 13 Open Beta file, copy it to the phone storage (don’t keep it inside any folder) and you can install it via local upgrade options. Follow the instruction given below.
If you are a OnePlus 10 Pro user in America, install the Local Update app on your phone. Open the app and tap the settings icon and locate the Android 13 Open beta 1 file. Tap on the package and it will start installing it on your phone. Wait for the process and reboot your phone once it’s done.
For users in India, it is a bit different. Go to Settings > About Device > Version. Tap build number 7 times to enable developer options. Then navigate to Settings > About device > up to date > tap three dots > Local Install. Select the Android 13 open beta file and it will start installing the update. Once done, reboot your phone and enjoy Android 13 based OxygenOS 13 Open Beta.
In case you want to roll back to Android 12 from Android 13 beta then you can download rollback packages.
Downgrade Package (Android 13 OB to Android 12)
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera 8.4 for OnePlus 10 Pro
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.