Samsung seeds the fourth beta of One UI 5 for its latest flagship Galaxy S22 series. One UI 5 is based on Android 13 which is the latest Android version. The Galaxy S22 received the third beta a few weeks ago. Here’s everything you need to know about One UI 5 Beta 4 for Galaxy S22.
It’s been almost two months since Android 13 was launched for Pixel phones. But many OEMs are yet to bring Android to their devices. So far, only OnePlus and Oppo have updated their flagship phones to Android 13.
We know Samsung to be the first to bring major updates, but this time Samsung is a bit late and is still testing beta updates. With the release of One UI 5 Beta 4, the stable update is now closer than ever.
The fifth beta for Galaxy S22 is currently rolling out to users in South Korea and the USA. It comes with build number S908USQU2ZVJ2 and Software version ZVJ2. The update size is around 1500MB which can vary by model. One UI 5 Beta 4 is all about bug fixes. The update fixes many issues with beta 3. No new features are a good sign as we can expect the stable update next. Check out the changelog below.
Bugs that have been fixed
- Improved that Favorites and Recent items can be added and removed in Gallery album
- Fixed the issue executed sleep mode automatically
- Fixed the issue occurred vibration sound/beep sound continuously
- Fixed crash when entering App folder
- Fixed crash when changing Wallpapers
- Fixed crash in S pen Air Command
- Fixed the problem for Object eraser not working
- Fixed vibration feedback not working in Home gesture
- Fixed the frame breaking issue when entering from Widget to Home
- Deleted Multi-user function – Other minor bug fixes
- When the phone screen is off while DeX is running, a black screen is displayed on the monitor
- After receiving the file with QuickShare, if you try to open it in the receiving pop-up, ‘Unable to open file’ pop-up occurs (The file is received normally)
- Forced Close occurs when the filter is selected from the lock screen menu, during Wallpaper image multi-pack setting
There are also some known issues in the update which are expected to be fixed directly in the stable build. From all the released beta updates we know that One UI 5 is packed with many new features. And so everyone is eagerly waiting for the update.
If you are a Galaxy S22 user in the USA or South Korea then you will receive the OTA update on your device considering you have joined the One UI 5 beta program. If you haven’t joined the beta program then there is no point in joining as the stable update is expected to release soon.
To manually check for the update, you can go to Settings > Software Update. It will show the One UI 5.0 Beta 4 update. Tap the Download and Install button to get the latest beta. Before upgrading make sure to take backup of data and charge your phone to at least 50%.
- One UI 5.0 Beta 3 for Galaxy S22 ships with new wallpapers (Download Now)
- Complete List of Samsung Bloatware Safe to Remove
- How to Change Refresh Rate on Samsung Galaxy S22 series
- How to Remove Bloatware from Samsung Phones [without Root & PC]