Tomorrow Samsung is going to officially announce One UI 5 at the SDC event. And soon the stable One UI 5 will be live for the S22 series and other Galaxy series after that. The Galaxy S21 series is also going to get the stable Android 13 update by this year. And with One UI 5 Beta 3, the release of the stable update is closer than ever.
Samsung has done a great job with the Android 12 rollout and we expect the same for the Android 13 based One UI 5 update. Although Samsung is taking time to release stable update, it won’t take time to deliver updates after that. So if you have mid range and entry level device which is eligible for Android 13 can expect the update in a few months.
For Galaxy S21 series users, Samsung has released the third beta of One UI 5 in South Korea, the UK, and the US. Soon it will be available in other regions also in a few days. Galaxy S21 One UI 5 Beta 3 comes with software version ZVJ3 and build number G998BXXU5ZVJ3 at least in the UK. The update weighs slightly more than 1GB.
Talking about changes and new features, this update brings the latest October 2022 Android security patch to the device. Most of the new features have already been pushed to the Galaxy S21 series in the first two beta updates. And the third beta update focuses on bug fixes. See the full changelog below.
Bugs that have been fixed
- Added an option to add and remove Favorite and Recents albums in Gallery app
- Fixed the issue with Sleep Mode being executed automatically
- Fixed an error with screen not turning on after it is turned off when Sleep Mode is activated
- Fixed crash when entering App Folder
- Fixed crash when changing Wallpaper
- Fixed crash in S Pen Air Command
- Fixed the issue with Object Eraser not working
- Fixed vibration feedback not working when using Home gesture
- Fixed the issue with screen freezing when returning to Home Screen from Widgets
- Deleted Multi-user function
- Many other improvements
Known issue list
- While using Remote Control with Teamviewer other devices are not connecting
- The phrase “Fast charging” that appears during super fast charging is changed to “Charging” after a certain period of time. It is not an issue, but a new conception
- After receiving a file with QuickShare, if you try to open it in the displayed pop-up, ‘Unable to open file’ pop-up appears (The file is successfully received)
- In Wallpaper Image Multipack Settings force close occurs when selecting filter from Lock Screen menu
As per early reviews, the One UI 5 update seems a promising update that is more fluid and comes with many useful features and improvements. So anyone with an eligible phone would want to try the beta.
If you are a Galaxy S21 user in the mentioned countries, you can already update to beta 3 considering you have already joined the One UI 5 beta program. In case the update is not available then wait for a few hours and check again. To manually check for the update go to Settings > Software Update. Make sure to take a backup of your data and charge your phone to at least 50%.