Samsung is working swiftly on the One UI 5.1 update. It’s already available for many Galaxy phones and tablets. Now two more tablets are joining this list. Galaxy Tab S7 FE and Galaxy Tab A8 are the two tablets getting the One UI 5.1 update. Let’s find out what the update has in store for the users.
Since tablets come with larger screens, it requires an optimized update to show content according to the larger display. Samsung is doing a pretty good job of tackling all the software-related challenges for different form factors. And the same is expected with the One UI 5.1 update for these two tablets.
The One UI 5.1 update for the Galaxy Tab S7 FE is available in different regions. And it’s rolling out to different available models. The update comes with build number T736BXXU2CWC5 / T736NKOU2CWC5.
Talking about Galaxy Tab A8, the One UI 5.1 update is available to models SM-X200 and SM-X205N. And the update is rolling out with build number X200XXU2CWC1 / X205NKOU2CWC1. Since this is a big update, it weighs more than security updates.
Now coming to the changes and features, the update for both Tablets brings improvements in camera and gallery, multitasking, and more. You can check the translated changelog below.
Galaxy Tab S7 FE and Galaxy Tab A8 One UI 5.1 Changelog
Camera and Gallery
- Quickly change the color tone for selfies: It’s easier to change the color tone of your selfies using the Effects button at the top of the screen.
- Easily check photo or video information in a cleaner layout: When viewing photos or videos in the gallery, swipe up to view camera information, file information, shooting location, and various related photos in a cleaner layout.
- Easily minimize or switch to full screen: You can now minimize or maximize an app window without going to the options menu. Just drag one of the corners.
- Access your most used apps in split screen: When you start a split-screen view, the apps you use most often will be shown below your recently used apps to help you find the apps you need faster.
Modes and Routines
- Change wallpapers based on your mode: Set a different wallpaper based on your current activity. Choose one wallpaper for work, one for exercising, and more.
- More actions for routines: New actions let you control Quick Share and Touch sensitivity, change your ringtone, and change your font style.
- Quick access to useful information: Check severe weather alerts, daily weather summaries, and sunrise/sunset times at the top of the Weather app. The temperature graph now uses colors to show how the temperature changes throughout the day.
- Hourly precipitation graph: An hourly graph now shows how much precipitation has fallen at different times of the day.
- Summary on Weather widget: A brief summary of the current weather conditions now appears on the weather widget to let you know if it’s sunny, cloudy, raining, or snowing.
- Continue browsing on another device: If you’re browsing the web on one Galaxy phone or tablet and later open the Internet app on another Galaxy device signed in to the same Samsung account, a button will appear that lets you open the last webpage you were viewing on the other device.
- Improved search: Your searches now include the names of bookmark folders and tab groups. Improved search logic lets you find what you’re looking for even if something isn’t spelled correctly.
- Check the battery level of your devices: The new Battery widget lets you check the battery level of your devices, right from the Home screen. You can see how much battery is left on your phone, Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Watch, and other supported devices.
- Use up to 3 emojis in AR Emoji Camera’s mask mode: Take fun photos and videos with more friends in mask mode. Up to 3 people can use emojis instead of faces.
- Easily suggest settings that are right for you: When you sign in to your Samsung account, settings or features that are useful to you are displayed at the top of the Settings screen, allowing you to easily connect your Galaxy devices and share content with each other. Easily connect various Galaxy devices to broaden your mobile experience.
- Spotify Music Recommendation: The smart recommendation widget can recommend Spotify music and playlists that match your activity. Enrich your various activities with music, from driving to exercising and relaxing. To receive recommendations, you need to log in to your Spotify account on the latest version of the Spotify app.
- Choose where to save screenshots and screen recordings: You can now change the folder where screenshots and screen recordings are saved.
If you are a Galaxy Tab S7 FE or Galaxy A8 user, you can expect the latest One UI 5.1 update on your device, in case you haven’t received it already. There are times when an update is available for the device, but its notification doesn’t appear, so make sure to check for the update manually. Go to Settings > Software Update > Download and Install.
Before upgrading your phone make sure to backup your data and charge your phone to at least 50%. If you are in a hurry, then you can manually sideload the firmware on your phone, if you know the process. Whether you want to update your phone through OTA or want to sideload the firmware, check out this story for more information about updating Galaxy phones to the new update.
- How to Customize Home Screen on Samsung Galaxy Phones (One UI 5)
- How to Customize Lock Screen on Samsung Galaxy Phones (One UI 5)
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra Wallpapers
- How to Stack Widgets on Samsung Galaxy Phones
- Top intriguing features of Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
- Samsung showcases Galaxy S23 cases and add-ons in new video