Android 12 based One UI 4.0 is the latest update for Samsung Galaxy phones which is currently available only for Galaxy S21 series. But it is also available in beta updates for some other Galaxy phones. The Galaxy Note 20 series also received two One UI 4.0 beta updates last month. And the device is now receiving Android 12 based One UI 4.0 Beta 3 with several bug fixes and more.
The Galaxy Note 20 series is scheduled to receive stable Android 12 early next year. And so we’ll be getting some additional beta updates in the coming weeks. Coming back to the Galaxy Note 20 series One UI 4.0 Beta 3, it fixes several known bugs. And with these improvements, the performance is somewhere near stable.
The third One UI 4.0 beta update for the Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra comes with the firmware version ZUL1. It is first available in South Korea and the US. As we mentioned earlier, the third beta comes with several bug fixes like fingerprint authentication in apps, quick settings controls, etc. You can check the changelog below.
Bugs that have been fixed
- Fixed the issue of Fingerprint authentication in some apps
- Fixed the issues that are no effective when choosing the items of Quick panel
- Fixed data display errors about a volume monitor
- Fixed the dimming issue about the brightness of the screen after rebooting
- Fixed the issue of rests when the lockscreen is not resolved quickly
- Fixed crashes on Galaxy Watch 4
- Fixed the issue that battery runs out quickly
- Improved disconnected operations about USB connection with Windows PC
- Fixed minor issues
If you have opted for the Android 12 beta program on your Galaxy Note 20 series, then you can check for the third beta in Settings > Software Update. If you have access to OTA files then you can also go for manual sideloading. You can check the full guide here to check how to join the One UI 4.0 Beta program on your Galaxy phone.
- Here’s the complete Samsung One UI 4.0 changelog based on Android 12
- One UI 4.0 Beta 3 is now available for Galaxy Z Fold 3 & Z Flip 3
- These Samsung Phones will get Android 12 update in December