After releasing the new Windows 11 updates to the insider, Microsoft has released a new incremental upgrade for Windows Subsystem for Android. Yes, the new October update for Android Subsystem is here and it brings a flurry of improvements to the camera, security, general reliability, performance improvements, and more. The latest update is available to both the developer and beta channels in Windows 11 insider program, read along to learn more about it.
Microsoft kicks off the new Windows Subsystem for Android upgrade with the 2209.40000.26.0 version number, as always, the upgrade is available in supported regions only. And make sure that your Windows 11 is running on the developer or beta channel build.
Before moving to the changes coming with the October update, just want to mention that, Android 13 support is coming soon to the Windows Subsystem for Android with some additional features and apps. There’s no information about the availability yet, but it is going to be a massive upgrade for the Android subsystem.
Speaking about the October update, then the new incremental upgrade brings stability to clipboard, improvements to Camera HAL, multi-threaded (>8 core) performance improvements, better security for graphic streaming, improvements for package launches, platform stability enhancements, and more.
Here’s the complete list of changes coming with the new Android Subsystem update.
- Improvements to the Camera HAL
- Improvements to clipboard stability
- Improvements to multi-threaded (>8 core) performance
- Improved security for graphic streaming
- Reliability improvements for package launches
- Security updates for ANGLE and GSK
- Annotated telemetry with package installation sources
- Window with legal information has been fixed
- Security updates to the Linux kernel
- Enhancements to platform stability
- Updated to Chromium WebView 105
You can head over to the Windows Insider Blog for more details about the new upgrade.
If your Windows 11 is running on a developer or beta build and Windows Subsystem for Android is available in your region, then you can upgrade to the new version.
More Related Articles:
- How to upgrade to the Windows 11 2022 update (build 22H2)
- Windows 11 2022 update (22H2) rolls out with bunch of new features
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks
- Download Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 Wallpapers [FHD+]
- Windows Subsystem for Android latest update brings a slew of enhancements
- Pixel 6 vs Pixel 6a: Which one to choose?
- How to use Nearby Sharing on Windows 11 (Airdrop for PC)