HMD Global is now putting the pedal to the metal. This month, the company has released the Android 13 update for Nokia G11 Plus, Nokia G60 5G, Nokia X30 5G, Nokia G10, and Nokia G20. And today, the company has started rolling out the new update for another G-series model. The Nokia G21 is the latest smartphone to taste the features of Android 13. Read along to know more details.
Nokia G21 picks up its second major software upgrade with the V3.430 version number. It is a big upgrade and weighs around 2.09GB in size for downloading. There are many users who have already received the new software on their phones, here’s a screenshot shared by a G21 user Ashish Kamble on the Nokia Community forum.
Another user named Ahmed276 confirms the new update fixes several issues on the smartphone. The update addresses the hotspot issues, aspect ratio issues with all OTT apps, and many more. In terms of features, then the update comes with Material You support for third-party app icons, improved quick settings and notification layout, improved digital wellbeing, clipboard history improvements, per app language preference, and more.
At the moment, the update is available for the users in India and a broader rollout should follow in the coming days. The software will bump up the security patch version to April 2023, here’s the complete changelog coming with the new update.
Here’s the complete changelog coming with Nokia G21 Android 13 update.
- Themed App Icons – Customize your phone to your personal style. Set more apps – not just Google apps – to match your phone’s wallpaper tint and colors.
- Photo Picker – Instead of sharing your entire media library with apps, you can select only the photos and videos they’ll need to access.
- Notification Permissions – Now, the apps you download need your permission to send notifications, helping you proactively protect your time and attention span.
- New Media Controls – Android 13 comes with a new media player that puts album artwork on full display and features a dancing playback bar.
- Google Security Patch: 2023-04
- *Works with Compatible apps
If you own the Nokia G21, then you may have already received the OTA notification on your phone, else, you can navigate to Settings > System > System Update, if the update is not available, then wait for a few days.
Before updating your phone, make sure to charge it to at least 50% and also take a backup of important data.