HMD Global starts expanding the availability of the next major Android upgrade – Android 13. The upgrade is currently available on the Nokia X10, Nokia X20, Nokia G50, and Nokia XR20. And now the company has started rolling out the new software for yet another G-series smartphone. The Nokia G20 is the company’s newest smartphone to pick up the Android 13 stable update. Read along to know all details about the new software upgrade.
Nokia is pushing the new software to the G20 with the V3.290 software version number. Just like the previous major upgrade, this one requires 1.93GB of data for download. I suggest you connect your phone to a WiFi network to quickly install the update.
At the time of writing, there’s no official information about the upgrade, instead, folks over at NokiaPowerUser shared a story about the Android 13 rollout for Nokia G20. As per the details, the upgrade is rolling out in India and a broader rollout should follow very soon.
Moving to the changes, the Nokia G20 Android 13 update is rolling with a slew of new features which include Material You support for third-party app icons, improved quick settings and notification layout, improved digital wellbeing, clipboard history improvements, per app language preference, and more. It will also bump up the security patch version to March 2023.
Here’s the complete changelog coming with the new update.
- Themed App Icons – Customize your phone to your personal style. Set more apps – not just Google apps – to match your phone’s wallpaper tint and colors.
- Photo Picker – Instead of sharing your entire media library with apps, you can select only the photos and videos they’ll need to access.
- Notification Permissions – Now, the apps you download need your permission to send notifications, helping you proactively protect your time and attention span.
- New Media Controls – Android 13 comes with a new media player that puts album artwork on full display and features a dancing playback bar.
- Google Security Patch: 2023-03
- *Works with Compatible apps
If you are a proud Nokia G20 owner and waiting for the Android 13 software upgrade, then the wait is finally over. You can now upgrade your phone to new software. However, currently, the update is rolling in a staged manner, currently available to a small number of users.
Nokia G20 users can navigate to Settings > System > System Update, if the update is not available, then wait for a few days.
Before updating your phone, make sure to charge it to at least 50% and also take a backup of important data.