In recent days, HMD Global released the new Android 13 upgrade for a number of Nokia-eligible phones. Today, the company expanded the list further by making the Android 13 update available for the Nokia G11 Plus. Obviously, the update is rolling with a flurry of new features and changes, read on to know all details about the new update.
HMD Global is pushing the new software to the Nokia G11 Plus with the V2.420 software version number. This is the first major software upgrade for the G-series phone, weighing around 2.40GB in size.
For the time being, the update is rolling in a phased manner and is available in India, a broader rollout should follow soon. The information has been shared by the folks over at NokiaPowerUser and according to the details, the update bags April 2023 monthly security patch along with the new features.
In terms of changes, the update comes with Material You support for third-party app icons, improved quick settings and notification layout, improved digital wellbeing, clipboard history improvements, per app language preference, and more.
Here’s the complete changelog coming with Nokia G11 Plus Android 13 update.
- Themed App Icons – Customize your phone to your personal style. Set more apps – not just Google apps – to match your phone’s wallpaper tint and colors.
- Photo Picker – Instead of sharing your entire media library with apps, you can select only the photos and videos they’ll need to access.
- Notification Permissions – Now, the apps you download need your permission to send notifications, helping you proactively protect your time and attention span.
- New Media Controls – Android 13 comes with a new media player that puts album artwork on full display and features a dancing playback bar.
- Google Security Patch: 2023-04
- *Works with Compatible apps
If you own the Nokia G11 Plus, then you may have already received the OTA notification on your phone, else, you can navigate to Settings > System > System Update, if the update is not available, then wait for a few days.
Before updating your phone, make sure to charge it to at least 50% and also take a backup of important data.