Moto is now rolling out the Android 9.0 Pie stable update for the Moto G6 & G6 Play. The update is currently live in Brazil and will be available to the other countries in coming days. The new Android Pie update also brings the February 2019 security patch. After successfully testing the soak test on Moto G6, Moto starts rolling out this update. And Here I will tell you the process to update Moto G6 & G6 Play to Android Pie.
The stable Android Pie update is available for both non-soak test users or the users running on soak test can easily update their phone via OTA (over-the-air) update. Android Pie is one of the biggest updates for smartphones, and the major reason is the latest version of Android. The build number to the update for Moto G6 is PPW29.116-7.
Android Pie Update for Moto G6 & G6 Play – Changelog
According to the Release Notes shared by Moto, the Android Pie update comes with:
- Android Pie 9.0
- The update comes with the new Intuitive Navigation and Recent App
- An improved Do Not Disturb mode and a colorful settings menu, to anticipated longer battery life and revamped split screen.
- Android Pie also brings a redesigned Quick Settings, simplified volume controls, an easier way to manage notifications and more.
- Adaptive brightness: fewer manual adjustments to perform better.
- Adaptive battery: Go longer with a single charge. It prioritizes battery power on the apps you use the most and applies restrictions on the ones you use the least.
- New and updated emoji: 157 new emojis, as well as a gender-neutral concept.
- Settings icon while on PIP mode: tapping the new settings icon brings you to the app’s PiP
settings, where you can enable or disable the feature.
- Zoom into a text, Improved audio controls, better screenshots, Redesigned settings app, Dual SIM settings, Rotation key, and some more changes.
- Notification UI changes: notifications now have rounded corners.
- Dismissing notifications: Android Pie will now suggest a couple of actions to you for the type of notifications you usually dismiss.
- Maximum number of visible notifications is set to 4.
- Performance improvements: applications will launch faster and use less memory, gaining performance and efficiency improvements.
- Power efficiency: refinements to Doze, App Standby, and Background Limits to improve battery life.
- Background App privacy: the system restricts access to the phone’s microphone, camera and other sensors (other than GPS).
- Wi-Fi optimization: Wi-Fi hotspot goes OFF in case of no connection.
- Stability improvements: includes changes that fix bugs and improve the stability of your phone.
- Security enhancements: an alert tone will be heard when a call is being recorded to all parties.
- Data encryption: Android Pie will now perform client-side data encryption and/or
decryption on the user’s phone: authentication is required (password, PIN, pattern), plus Google backs up all information to the cloud and hacker attacks become much more difficult.
- DNS over TLS support: it creates a secure connection to the DNS server before DNS
queries and responses happen.
- HTTPs by default: all applications built for Android Pie onwards will send and receive data via HTTPS by default, ensuring your data is better protected as you communicate with the app’s servers, especially public Wi-Fi.
The newer version also packs with features like Digital Wellbeing, Adaptive brightness, Adaptive battery optimization, google camera sport, and a lot more. Let’s see how to update Moto G6 & G6 Play to Android Pie.
How to Update to Moto G6 Stable Android Pie
The process of getting the update via OTA is natural, it will roll out in batches. So, you may need to wait for some time. Once you’ll receive notification you can update your device by this method:
- At first, Open the device settings.
- Click on System.
- Head over to System Updates.
- Tap on Download and Install.
- It will start downloading the firmware.
- Now click on Restart Now.
- That’s it.
- Charge your phone’s battery to at least 50%
- Backup your data, in case of failures you can recover it.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera 6.1 for Motorola Devices
That’s it, this is one of the simplest ways by which you can update your Moto G6 or G6 Play via OTA update. If you still have any queries with you. Drop a comment in comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles For You: