Xiaomi has finally started rolling out the MIUI 12 stable update for the Poco X2. In February 2020, Xiaomi’s sub-brand has been reborn and this time the company made its debut with the Poco X2. The device is billing with MIUI 11 based Android 10 OS. Now, It gets Xiaomi’s newest custom skin – MIUI 12. The newer software brings a slew of UI changes to the device alongside the latest monthly security patch. Here you can Download Poco X2 MIUI 12 Update (Stable Recovery ROM).
The newer firmware comes with the 126.96.36.199.QGHINXM build number and weighs a whopping 2.33GB download size. Although, the OTA weighs the only 813MB. This is the stable update that is tasked with providing all the features of MIUI 12 to the mid-range device. In case you’re in a hurry, then you can download the recovery ROM and manually update your device.
There are some users reportedly receiving MIUI 12 stable update on Poco X2, on social media. Talking about the features, then MIUI 12 Update for Poco X2 comes with features like new animations, intuitive UI, customizations, and obviously the MIUI 12 Wallpapers. It also comes with the July 2020 monthly security patch. Here’s the complete changelog, that you can check before heading over to the download section.
MIUI 12 Update for Poco X2 – Changelog
- MIUI 12. Yours alone.
- New: All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
- New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- New: Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
- New: Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
- New: You can minimize a floating window using a full screen gesture.
- New: You can open an app in a floating window directly from Recents.
- Optimization: Press and hold an app preview in Recents to choose between Split screen and floating windows.
- New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- New: Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
- New: Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
- New: Wallpapers can be displayed in darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
- New: You can hide private items while casting and minimize the window to multitask.
- Updated Android Security Patch to July 2020. Increased system security.
- New: New Pro mode features and descriptions
- New: A new mode for scanning documents
- Optimization: Pro mode parameter naming
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
Download Poco X2 MIUI 12 Update (Stable Recovery ROM)
No pilot testing, Yes, Xiaomi has directly pushed the MIUI 12 stable update to the Poco X2. The OTA might take some time to hit every user’s device, but you can grab the ROM from the below-listed download link and update your device to the Xiaomi’s newest custom skin. Before updating your device to Android 10, make sure to check the prerequisites. Here’s the download link.
- Download MIUI 12 Update for Poco X2 (Recovery ROM)
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 30%.
- Take a full backup of your data, in case of failures you may lose your data.
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
- You can also use the Fastboot ROM if it is available, using Mi Flash Tool & Xiaomi USB Drivers.
How to Update Poco X2 to MIUI 12 Stable
- At first, download the software package from the above-mentioned link.
- Copy the file and paste it in the internal storage outside of every folder.
- Now head over to the settings > about phone > system updates.
- Click on the three-dots menu icon available in the top right corner.
- Now tap on choose update package option and select the firmware.
- That’s it.
All done. Now you can start using your Poco X2 running on MIUI 12 based Android 10.
You May Also Like – Download Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Wallpapers
If you’re facing any issues while updating your smartphone, then make sure to leave a comment. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: