MIUI 12.5 is in the leaks for about a month now. And a long wait, finally Xiaomi has unveiled the latest MIUI 12.5 for its devices. MIUI 12.5 comes with a long list of features and improvements. And if you are also waiting for the MIUI 12.5 update then here you will know MIUI 12.5 Schedule, Features, Supported phones, and Changelog.
MIUI is a custom OS for Xiaomi devices and in the past couple of years, it changed a lot. Especially with the MIUI 12 update which comes with a new UI and a handful of new features. MIUI 12 is now available on almost all the Xiaomi phones, and now it’s time for users to get familiar with the latest MIUI 12.5 update.
Here we will share all the information regarding the MIUI 12.5 update. And so if you are curious to know if your device will get the update and when and what it brings to your phone, then you will know everything here in this article.
MIUI 12.5 Features
The MIUI 12.5 is a major update and so it comes with many new features and improvements. Let’s start with the MIUI 12.5 features.
Security is always a top concern and each OEM tries to improve it with every update. And in MIUI 12.5, Xiaomi has also improved privacy protection. There are two different privacy modes (Awareness and Protection) accessible from Settings.
With the improved privacy protection feature, users can lock photos, videos, and other files. Network interception and Privacy mask features are also available in the update.
The new privacy update will restrict third-party apps from accessing clipboard data. In MIUI 12.5, users can stop apps from collecting the exact location. You can control if the app should use an approximate location or exact location.
After the release of MIUI 12, Xiaomi added a few more Super live wallpapers in the MIUI 12 with small updates. And now as per the changelog, the MIUI 12.5 also comes with new Super wallpaper. The new super wallpaper is inspired from the Siguniang mountain.
AI Video/Image Enhancement
The latest MIUI 12.5 brings one of the most awaited features that enhances videos and images on the device. When AI HDR Enhancement is enabled, it processes videos using HDR effects for a better watching experience. It shows all the colors more vibrant and handles light and dark scenes very well.
It also dynamically adjusts images by identifying the nature of the image. And the end result comes out to be better with accurate colors.
It is a new feature in MIUI 12.5 that lets your Xiaomi device directly interact with the computer. It is already possible but with the help of third-party software. But now you can easily control your device from the computer and vice versa.
You can also transfer files between your computer and your Xiaomi phone using the MIUI+. Basically, it is going to make transferring or controlling tasks much easier. It even allows users to Xiaomi phone apps directly from their computer.
New System Sounds
If you are using the MIUI 12, then you must be already aware of nature-inspired sound. You can set nature-inspired tones for notifications, ringtones, etc.
And in MIUI 12.5, Xiaomi has added hundreds of system sounds that represent animals from all over the world. The latest update also adds the stereo system sounds.
There are many new small features such as users can now convert images into pdf without any third-party app. You will also notice UI changes in Notification Panel, Power Menu, Volume Controls, and more. Check out the changelog for a full list of changes in MIUI 12.5.
MIUI 12.5 Changelog
- New: Response to gestures is now instant
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limited to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- System Animations:
- New: A new animation framework renders movement more realistically.
- New: New UI design is focused on visualization and making your interaction with the device more lifelike.
- System Sounds:
- New: Nature mix is a new exciting way of creating your own notification sound system.
- New: Hundreds of system sounds that represent animals from all around the world.
- New: Stereo system sounds.
- Super Wallpapers:
- New: Mount Siguniang super wallpaper.
- Privacy Protection:
- New: Now you can see what apps access your clipboard and control access.
- New: Using approximate location adds up points to privacy protection.
- New: You can now manage sensitive permissions and related app behavior independently.
- New: The behavior of web pages is also tracked now, which helps you to block unwanted and malicious actions.
- New: Now it’s up to you who and when can track your online behavior.
- New: All apps now come with a security statement from GetApps.
- New: Privacy risk scanner.
- New: Control which apps access and delete items from your Gallery.
- New: A comprehensive overview of all sensitive permissions.
- New: You’ll be notified whenever high-risk permissions are used and will be able to block the corresponding actions.
- Optimization: An all-new privacy protection page.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save texts, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamix layouts make bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
- You can combine your phone and computer into a single working station.
- You can view MIUI notifications and open phone apps on your computer.
- Apps from your phone can be handed off to your computer.
- The items copied on a phone can now be pasted on the computer and vice versa.
- Photos and screenshots from a mobile device can be instantly used on a computer.
- Web pages can be seamlessly handed over from one device to another.
- You can transfer files to your mobile device using the “MIUI+” panel on your computer.
- New “File Manager” and “Notes” for computers.
- Floating Windows:
- New: Instant messengers now support floating windows.
- New: Floating windows can be quickly replaced with fullscreen versions of the apps.
- New: App flashcards show key info when apps are displayed as floating windows.
- Learn more about new features in “Special features”/
- Xiaomi Health:
- New: You can measure your heart rate using the camera now.
- New: Start recording running, walking, and cycling workouts manually, and enjoy lots of online workout classes.
- Optimization: Automatic workout recognition is much more accurate now.
- Home screen:
- New: “Ripples” animation for downloading apps.
- New: “Burst” animation for uninstalling apps.
- New: New design for app folders.
- New: A vertical layout for Recents.
- New: The aspect ratio is adjusted to the external monitor automatically during casting.
- New: The audio of the app that’s being cast in a floating window is separated from other audio.
- Xiaomi Cloud:
- New: Password manager allows you to store passwords in the cloud.
- New: You can share device location with other people in your family sharing group.
- New: Location information can be recorded automatically before the device powers off.
- New: Convert images to PDF.
- Mi Carrier Services:
- New: You can manage multiple SIM cards now.
- New: A more convenient way to move a cursor using the scrollbar.
- New: Function buttons support switching between languages and keyboards.
- New: You can press and hold the function buttons to access more features.
- New: Custom themes for keyboards.
- New: Font weight adjustment options for third party fonts.
- Optimization: Personalization features for system wallpapers, animations, and sounds.
- New: Wallpaper customization in the lite mode.
- Optimization: Redesigned Incognito mode.
- Optimization: Pages load much faster now.
- Mi Family:
- New: You can manage multiple SIM cards now.
- Optimization: Revamped device control center.
- Optimization: Local search results are sorted automatically now.
- Optimization: All-new design.
MIUI 12.5 Release Date
The MIUI 12.5 is officially announced but there is time for the stable release. As there is no official information about the stable MIUI 12.5 release date. But there are already some news regarding the beta update schedule.
The MIUI 12.5 closed beta is already out in China. And Public Beta will release between mid-January and the end of January. Also at the same time, the second batch of closed beta will also go live. You can check the list of devices for different batches in the list of MIUI 12.5 supported phones.
As you know updates follow staged rollout which means the public stable will go live after complete testing. And as per leaks the stable MIUI 12.5 may release in March. Users from other regions may have to wait until Xiaomi announces or releases the MIUI 12.5 beta update. We will be adding the latest updates below.
MIUI 12.5 Eligible Devices
The MIUI 12.5 covers the majority of the latest Xiaomi phones. You can check if your device is set to receive MIUI 12.5 update or not. The list is separated into batches representing the rollout phases.
First Batch (Closed Beta already out):
- Mi 10 Pro
- Mi 10
- Mi 10 Ultra
- Mi 10 Lite
- Mi 9 SE
- Mi 9
- Mi CC9 Pro
- Mi CC9e
- Redmi K30 Pro
- Redmi K30 5G
- Redmi K30
- Redmi K30 Ultra
- Redmi K30s Ultra
- Redmi K30i 5G
- Redmi K20 Pro
- Redmi K20
- Redmi Note 9
- Redmi Note 7
- Redmi Note 7 Pro
- Redmi 10X Pro
- Redmi 10X
Second Batch (Starting Mid January):
- Mi 9 Pro 5G
- Mi CC9
- Mi CC9 Meitu Edition
- Redmi Note 9 Pro
- Redmi Note 9 4G
- Redmi Note 8 Pro
- Redmi Note 8
We will add more details once the stable MIUI 12.5 update has officially released.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera 8.0 Mod Port APK [Latest]
If you have any queries, you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: