Xiaomi has released a new software update for Redmi Note 4, which brings in system-wide Dark Mode & a lot more. The smartphone was launched in 2017 and it ran on MIUI 8 based on Android Marshmallow 6.0. Now the company has started rolling out the MIUI 11 update for the smartphone which is based on Android Nougat 7.0. The new firmware knocks up with the old December 2018 security patch. Here you can Download MIUI 11 for Redmi Note 4 (OTA Zip).
Xiaomi has already rolled out the update for Redmi 8/8A, Redmi K20/K20 Pro, Redmi 6 Pro, Redmi Note 5 Pro, Redmi Note 6 Pro, Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi 7, and Poco F1. After successfully rolling out the update on recently launched smartphones alongside the old heroes, the company starts pushing MIUI 11 on the older smartphones, and this time It arrives on the Redmi Note 4.
This is an OTA (Over the Air) based update which is seeding somewhere in India and It will soon reach on all the units. The firmware is bearing version number V22.214.171.124.NCFMIXM and weighs around 1.52GB approx, while the OTA weighs around 458MB in size. MIUI 11 brings system-wide dark mode, always-on display, new stock wallpapers alongside some improvements to the overall UI of the smartphone. Here you can take a look at the detailed changelog.
MIUI 11 Update Changelog for Redmi Note 4
Comprehensive design optimized for fullscreen display devices
- Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create a system where nothing stands between you and the content.
Sounds of nature
- Wake up to the gentle sounds of nature with our new alarm ringtones.
- Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does
- Preview your documents before you open them.
- Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer.
- Tasks. Manage and edit your tasks in the Notes app. Receive timely notifications and mark things done.
- Quick replies. Reply to messages from any app.
- Game Turbo. Turn your device into an ultimate gaming console.
- New: Editing, sharing, and customizing your screenshots is now much easier.
- Optimization: Lock screen pocket mode.
- Optimization: Sync with the cloud works faster now
Download MIUI 11 for Redmi Note 4 [Firmware]
The MIUI 11 Update is now available for the Redmi Note 4, it’s in a rolling phase, some users are sharing screenshots of the update on social media. If you’re in a hurry then you can download the firmware from the below-listed download link. It’s an Android Nougat 7.0 based update but there are a bunch of custom ROMs available for Redmi Note 4 which runs on Android Pie 9.0. Here are the download links.
- Download Redmi Note 4 MIUI 11 Update India (Firmware)
- Before updating, Make sure to charge your phone to at least 30%.
- Take a full backup of your data, in case of failures you may lose your data.
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
- You can also use the Fastboot ROM if it is available, using Mi Flash Tool & Xiaomi USB Drivers.
How to Install MIUI 11 Update
- Download the firmware file from the above link.
- Copy the file on your smartphone, in the internal or external storage.
- Now open your smartphone settings > about phone > system updates or launch the updater app.
- Then, click on the three-dots menu icon available at the top right corner.
- Head over to the choose update package option and select the downloaded file.
- That’s it.
Once done, you can restart your smartphone and start using it in the stable MIUI 11 update.
You May Also Like – Best Gradient Wallpapers for Android [4K]
If you’ve any doubts regarding this article. Drop a comment in the comment section. Also, share this post on social media with your friends!
- Best MIUI 11 Themes for Xiaomi Phones
- Download Mi Drop for PC [Latest]
- How to Disable Ads on all Xiaomi Phones