A new monthly preview update for Windows 11 22H2 version is now available. Along with the 22H2 version, there is also a new update to 21H2 version. Since this is the monthly OS preview update, it comes with some new changes that will be available to everyone next month. Let’s find out more about the update.
This month’s preview update for the 22H2 version is available with build 22621.1635 (KB5025305) and the update for the 21H2 version comes with build 22000.1880 (KB5025298). If you don’t know already, this is the optional update.
First let’s talk about the update for the 22H2 version, the new update adds animation to a few icons on the Widgets taskbar button. The update also brings a new option in Settings > Windows Update which prioritizes available updates. And there are a bunch of bug fixes. You can check the full changelog below.
Talking about the update for the 21H2 version, it brings new firewall settings. There are also bug fixes and other improvements that you check on this page.
Windows 11 build 22621.1635 Changelog
- New! This update adds animations to a few icons on the Widgets taskbar button. These animations turn on when:
- A new announcement appears on the Widgets taskbar button.
- You hover over or click the Widgets taskbar button.
- New! This update adds a new toggle control on the Settings > Windows Update page. When you turn it on, we will prioritize your device to get the latest non-security updates and enhancements when they are available for your device. For managed devices, the toggle is disabled by default. For more information, see Get Windows updates as soon as they’re available for your device.
- This update addresses an issue that affects Microsoft Edge IE mode. Pop-up windows open in the background instead of in the foreground.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Chinese input method. You cannot see all of the first suggested item.
- This non-security update includes quality improvements. When you install this KB:
- New! This update changes firewall settings. You can now configure application group rules.
- This update affects the Islamic Republic of Iran. The update supports the government’s daylight saving time change order from 2022.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) process. It might stop responding. Because of this, the machine restarts. The error is 0xc0000005 (STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION).
- This update addresses an issue that affects Microsoft Edge IE mode. The Tab Window Manager stops responding.
- This update addresses an issue that affects protected content. When you minimize a window that has protected content, the content displays when it should not. This occurs when you are using Taskbar Thumbnail Live Preview.
- This update addresses an issue that affects mobile device management (MDM) customers. The issue stops you from printing. This occurs because of an exception.
- This update changes the app icons for certain mobile providers.
- This update addresses an issue that affects signed Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC) policies. They are not applied to the Secure Kernel. This occurs when you enable Secure Boot.
- This update addresses an issue that displays Task View in the wrong area. This occurs when you close a full screen game by pressing Win+Tab.
- This update addresses an issue that occurs when you use a PIN to sign in to Windows Hello for Business. Signing in to Remote Desktop Services might fail. The error message is, “The request is not supported”.
- This update addresses an issue that affects Administrator Account Lockout policies. GPResult and Resultant Set of Policy did not report them.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Unified Write Filter (UWF). When you turn it off by using a call to Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), your device might stop responding.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Resilient File System (ReFS). A stop error occurs that stops the OS from starting up correctly.
- This update addresses an issue that affects MySQL commands. The commands fail on Windows Xenon containers.
- This update addresses an issue that affects SMB Direct. Endpoints might not be available on systems that use multi-byte character sets.
- This update addresses an issue that affects apps that use DirectX on older Intel graphics drivers. You might receive an error from apphelp.dll.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the legacy Local Administrator Password Solution (LAPS) and the new Windows LAPS feature. They fail to manage the configured local account password. This occurs when you install the legacy LAPS .msi file after you have installed the April 11, 2023, Windows update on machines that have a legacy LAPS policy.
As this is an optional Windows 11 OS Preview build, you can choose to update your device or you can skip it. Its features will be available in next Tuesday’s patch update. You can check for the new update by visiting Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates.
- How to Enable Full Screen Widgets Panel in Windows 11 Build 25201
- How to enable new Spotlight UI on Desktop in Windows 11 build 25197
- Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop
- How to Enable Secure Boot on Windows 11
- Download Windows 11 Wallpapers
- How to get the New File Manager Experience on Windows 10 and 11
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks to Master Windows OS