A new preview build is rolling out to insiders in the dev channel. This is a weekly beta update and as always it focuses on some changes and many bug fixes. The latest update for the Dev Channel is tagged as Windows 11 Build 25295.
If you’ve been following the Dev Channel updates, Microsoft has introduced a number of new features and changes recently. Talking about the last update build 25290 includes preview widgets for Phone Link, Messenger, and Spotify.
In the latest Windows 11 Build 25295, Microsoft has added a new commercial policy. This policy allows commercial users to enable features that were introduced via servicing and are turned off by default.
Along with the new policy, the new build to the dev channel expands the availability of the new search bar to everyone in the Dev channel. Earlier it was available to limited users. Its settings can be accessed from Settings > Personalization > Taskbar > Taskbar Items.
Another new change in the latest dev build is the option to copy two-factor authentication codes directly from the notification. This means any message containing 2FA code arrives in the notification, users will see the option to copy the code. This works for messaging apps installed on PC and even messages coming through the Phone Link.
The new build also addresses a bunch of bugs. You can check them below.
- The issue causing repeated bugchecks for some Insiders after upgrading to Build 25284+ should be fixed now.
- Made another fix for an issue causing Insiders to experience freezes in recent flights (specifically in this case where apps might freeze if you tried to use them while also trying to play games).
- Fixed an issue where the Update history page under Settings > Windows Update > Update history was blank for some users after installing Build 25290.
- Fixed an issue where some users experienced longer than expected update times installing recent builds. If you experience this issue again, please submit a new feedback item with logs in Feedback Hub.
- Fixed an issue where the add and close tab buttons weren’t working in File Explorer if File Explorer was maximized, and you were using an Arabic or Hebrew display language.
- Fixed an issue which could lead to app windows becoming unresponsive after using multi-finger on screen touch gestures.
- Fixed an underlying issue which was causing your mouse to appear like pointer trails was enabled when sharing your screen.
- The Add a Device dialog should no longer have an unexpectedly big border.
- Fixed an issue which could cause certain apps to move very slowly when you dragged it across the screen.
- Fixed a DWM crash in recent flights which could cause your screen to flash black.
- Fixed an issue where snapped windows might not remember their positions if you disconnected and reconnected your monitor.
- Fixed an underlying crash impacting the ability the ability for apps using Graphics.Capture to take screen captures in recent flights.
- Fixed an underlying issue causing crashes in certain apps when trying to print to PDFs in recent flights.
If you’re a Windows Insider user in the dev channel running on Windows 11, then you’ll receive the beta preview build. You can simply head over to Settings > Windows Update > click on Check for Updates. And from there you can simply install the update on your PC.
- How to Restore Old Search Button on Windows 11
- Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop
- How to Enable Secure Boot on Windows 11
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks to Master Windows OS