After rolling out the monthly Windows 11 Public Build to everyone yesterday, Microsoft today released a new Windows 11 Insider Build 25179 to the Dev Channel. Windows 11 latest Insider preview build is available to all Insiders who are on the Dev Channel. Along with the new Insider build, Microsoft also brings the ISO for the same build 25179. Let’s find out more about the latest Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25179.
Talking about the last update to the Dev channel, Windows 11 build 25174 was released last week with Game pass widgets and other changes. And this week’s Windows 11 Insider build 25179 also comes with some changes, improvements as well as a bunch of bug fixes.
The new build includes changes in File Explorer, Spelling Dictionary, keyboard language, and touch keyboard. You can check the list of full changes below.
Changes and Improvements
- The spelling dictionary will now use a language-neutral word list and we are trying out syncing this across all devices that use the same Windows account. Users can toggle this feature via Settings > Accounts > Windows backup > Remember my preferences > Language preferences. This currently only works with Microsoft accounts today with AAD support coming later.
- File Explorer tabs and navigation updates (which began rolling out to the Dev Channel with Build 25136) are now rolling out to everyone in the Dev Channel. If you don’t see these features right away, please try rebooting. If that doesn’t work, please file feedback in Feedback Hub.
- We’re trying out different experiences in File Explorer to show search results.
- We’re adding the Tamil Anjal keyboard for the Tamil language. It’s a popular keyboard for inputting Tamil characters, so if you speak this language, please try it out! This keyboard is currently rolling out to a subset of Insiders while we evaluate the quality. To add it (once it’s available to you), make sure Tamil (India) is listed under Settings > Time & Language > Language & Region, and then click the “…” next to the language, select Language Options, and add it to the list of keyboards.
- We are rolling out a small tweak to improve the key repeat rate for the traditional touch keyboard layout, as well as the default touch keyboard layout, so it feels more responsive. Now it has the rate of 20 keys per second (for example, when holding down the delete key).
- Updated the default duration captured by powercfg -sleepstudy from 3 to 7 days.
In addition to these changes and improvements, Windows 11 Build 25179 fixes several bugs. Some common bugs have been fixed such as crashing of apps like excel, mount icon in the context menu, min/max/close buttons in file explorer, widgets preferences, and many other bugs that have been addressed in this build. But there are still some known issues that are expected to be addressed in batches through upcoming builds. You can check out the full list of fixes and known issues on this page.
If you’ve joined the dev channel on Windows Insider Preview Program, then you’ll receive the new Windows 11 dev preview build 25179. You can simply head over to Settings > Windows Update > click on Check for Updates. And from there you can simply install the update on your PC.
You May Also Like – How to Install Windows 11 22H2 Update Right Now
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop them in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks
- Microsoft adds new Wallpapers to Windows 365, Get it here!
- How to use Nearby Sharing on Windows 11 (Airdrop for PC)