Microsoft has announced the last insider preview of this month to the developer channel. The newest build of Windows 11 is labeled with the 25151 build number and available to users who opted dev channel in the Insider preview program. The latest insider preview update brings a bunch of bug fixes and improvements. Here you can check everything about Windows 11 Insider Preview 25151 update.
The latest update is seeding with Windows 11 Insider Preview 25151.1000 (rs_prerelease) build number, it is a small incremental upgrade rolling to the dev channel. Yes, you can quickly install it on your Windows 11 system. After finishing the testing, it will be released to the beta and release preview channels next month or later. Although, today’s build comes with a small set of fixes, but still, the update addresses some important issues available in the current build.
Microsoft addresses the fixed scaling tabs issue in File Explorer, more reliability when right-clicking on a tab, addresses unable to shut down the system throw start menu in 25145 build number, fixes the Windows Security app crash issue, fixes the printing issue via UWP apps, and more. Here’s the complete changelog shared by Microsoft through Windows Insider Blog.
Windows Insider Preview 25151 Update – Fixes
- File Explorer
- Fixed a scaling issue which could result in the tabs being unexpectedly large.
- Right clicking a tab and then clicking somewhere else in File Explorer should dismiss the context menu more reliably now.
- We believe an underlying fix in Build 25145 addressed the recent issue where shutting down via the Start menu wasn’t working for some Insiders (unexpectedly rebooting instead), and as such are removing this from the known issues list. If you are continuing to encounter this issue with the latest updates, please report it in the Feedback Hub.
- Fixed a high hitting Windows Security app crash.
- Updated the Exclusions page in the Windows Security app so that file paths now make better use of the available space rather than truncating when space is still available.
- Fixed an underlying issue which was causing a crash when trying to delete ports in printui /s.
- Fixed an issue causing printing to not work from UWP apps for some Insiders in the last 2 flights.
Windows Insider Preview 25151 Update – Known Issues
- We are working on a fix to address reports that the Mica material and Acrylic blur effect is not rendering correct in OS surfaces like the Start menu, Notification Center and other areas.
- Some games that use Easy Anti-Cheat may crash or cause your PC to bugcheck.
- [NEW] We’re investigating reports that some Insiders are experiencing bugchecks with error message KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED in NetAdapterCx.sys starting with Build 25145.
- File Explorer
- The up arrow is misaligned in File Explorer tabs. This will be fixed in a future update.
- We’re investigating reports that launching File Explorer in certain ways when using dark mode (for example, from the command line) is showing the body of File Explorer unexpectedly in light mode.
- We’re working on the fix for an issue causing Widgets preferences (temperature units and pinned widgets) to unexpectedly get reset to default.
- Live Captions
- Certain apps in full screen (e.g., video players) prevent live captions from being visible.
- Certain apps positioned near the top of the screen and closed before live captions is run will re-launch behind the live captions window positioned at top. Use the system menu (ALT + Spacebar) while the app has focus to move the app’s window further down.
If you’ve joined the dev channel on Insider Preview Program and running on Windows 11, then you’ll receive the dev preview build. You can simply head over to Settings > Windows Update > click on Check for Updates. And from there you can simply install the update on your PC.
You May Also Like – How to Install Windows 11 22H2 Update Right Now
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop them in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
- How to get Tabs in File Explorer on Windows 11
- How to Uninstall Windows 11 Updates
- How to customize folder thumbnails in Windows 11
- Download macOS 13 Ventura Wallpapers [5K Resolution]