Today Microsoft released three updates for insider channels. And here we are going to share about two new builds, for the third build you can check this page. The new Insider build is available on the Dev channel and Canary channel with build 23451 and build 25357, respectively. Let’s find out more about new updates.
A few weeks ago Microsoft added a new channel called Canary to the Insider program. This channel is slightly different from the Dev channel. And most of the time both channels get the updates on the same day.
Windows 11 Dev build 23451
First, let’s talk about Windows 11 build 23451 to the Dev channel, the update brings Modernized Details Pane in File Explorer which let users easily access related content, file activity, and more. These details will appear on the right pane when user clicks on any file.
Microsoft is testing different Windows Spotlight looks in this build. So users will see different changes in the Windows Spotlight UI.
Narrator on Microsoft Excel now provides a brief and efficient reading experience. To enable the enhanced announcement, users need to be on the latest Insider on both Windows and Office.
A new Widget is available on the Widget board and it is from Facebook. To add the new Widget first download the Facebook app from Microsoft Store and then tap on the + icon in the Widget board and choose the Facebook widget.
Changes and Improvements
- We’re beginning to expand the roll out of notification badging for Microsoft accounts on the Start menu. A Microsoft account is what connects Windows to your Microsoft apps, backs up all of your data, helps you manage subscriptions, and where you can add extra security steps so you’re never locked out of your account. With this feature, we’re giving customers quick access to important account-related notifications. These notifications can be managed by going to Settings > Personalization > Start.
- We continue to work on adding more valuable content to the Recommended section in the Start menu by re-introducing websites after trying this out with Insiders last fall. One improvement we’ve made is to recommend more useful and personal websites based on your browsing history instead of generally popular websites. Insiders can right-click on a website and choose to remove a website individually at any given time. Only some Insiders will see this experience and, if you do, please share your feedback. This feature will apply to users who have opted into sharing browsing data with Microsoft and have visited enough websites in Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome (with Continuous Import enabled). As a reminder, the settings for what is recommended on Start can be adjusted via Settings > Personalization > Start. Commercial customers can manage this experience via policy.
- For Windows Insiders who have Gallery in File Explorer (which began rolling out with Build 23435), we have updated the icon for Gallery.
- We are beginning to roll out a new widget picker experience with an image that gives a visual preview of the widget before pinning, a deep linking ability that allows users to jump directly to the picker from the provider app/service as well as a link to the widgets Store collection page where users can discover more apps with widgets.
- We are beginning to roll out animated icons for Widgets on the taskbar. The animation triggers when you hover or click on the Widgets taskbar entry-point or when a new widget announcement is displayed on your taskbar. Currently, only a few weather and finance icons are supported.
- Languages support has been expanded to include Danish, English (Ireland), French (Canada), Korean, Portuguese (Portugal).
- Enabling end task by right-clicking on an app on the taskbar under Settings > Privacy & security > For developers now works in this build. The setting for this first showed up with Build 23430 but the feature was not working.
Windows 11 Canary build 25357
Compared to the Dev build, it only comes with a few changes that include new Facebook widget support in the Widget board.
Changes and Improvements
The new volume mixer experience in Quick Settings mentioned here is now available for all Insiders in the Canary Channel.
If your PC running on Windows 11 and you are a tester in the insider program, then you can install the new beta build on your system. You can check for the new update by visiting Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates.
- How to Enable Full Screen Widgets Panel in Windows 11 Build 25201
- How to enable new Spotlight UI on Desktop in Windows 11 build 25197
- Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop
- How to Enable Secure Boot on Windows 11
- Download Windows 11 Wallpapers
- How to get the New File Manager Experience on Windows 10 and 11
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks to Master Windows OS