Two new Windows 11 builds are out for Insiders in two different channels. The Windows 11 update with build 23440 is rolling out in the Dev Channel. And the other Windows 11 update with build 25346 is available in the Canary Channel.
Yes, these are weekly updates and you may already be aware of the Dev Channel. Whereas the Canary channel is new and was introduced a couple of weeks back. Both updates come with some improvements in different parts of Windows 11. You will be able to experience these changes based on the channel you have opted for.
Windows 11 Insider Build 23440
- Let’s first talk about the Windows 11 Preview Build 23440 for Dev Channel. The update brings changes to Start Menu and now users can check What’s New in the latest build directly under Recommended section in Start Menu.
- Users can hide the date and time in the system tray from Adjust time and date option. The update also brings Diagnose Network Problems option when right-clicking on the network icon in the system tray.
- Improved hove experience on Search on the Taskbar and new Spotlight icon for Desktop.
There are some bug fixes in Windows build 23440. You can check them out here.
Windows 11 Insider build 25346
Now let’s talk about the Windows 11 preview update for the Canary channel which comes with build 25346.
- Content Adaptive Brightness Control which changes the brightness of a particular area in the screen based on the content displayed to reduce power consumption is now available for Laptops and 2-in-1s that are plugged into a charger.
- Redesigned connection bar icon in the Remote desktop control to match the light and dark mode design.
- Right clicking on the Network in the system tray will show a new option Diagnose Network Problems.
- New presence sensor settings will let you choose which apps can use this sensor and which apps can’t. The privacy setting is available under Settings > Privacy & Security> Presence sensing.
There are some other changes that you can check on this page in detail.
The two new Windows 11 insider preview updates are available to Insiders who joined the Dev channel or the Canary channel. So if you are part of any of these two Insider preview channels you will receive the update. You can check for the update by going to Settings > Windows Update.
- How to Enable Full Screen Widgets Panel in Windows 11 Build 25201
- How to enable new Spotlight UI on Desktop in Windows 11 build 25197
- Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop
- How to Enable Secure Boot on Windows 11
- Download Windows 11 Wallpapers
- How to get the New File Manager Experience on Windows 10 and 11
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks to Master Windows OS