A new Windows 11 update is being released to Insiders in the Beta channel. There are many channels in the Insider Program and the Beta Channel is one of them. In the beta channel we see new updates almost every week. And today’s Windows 11 update to the Beta channel is available with build 22635.2771 (KB5032283).
Earlier this week Microsoft also released the Windows 11 23H2 to the Public. It is a big update which brings multiple new features and changes. Most of these features are already available in the Beta channel through previous builds.
Now let’s talk about what’s new in the update. The update brings the previews for natural voices of 10 new languages that include Chinese, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Mexico), Japanese, English (UK), French, Portuguese, English (India), German and Korean. Users can listen to previews before downloading the voice model.
In Narrator there is a new Keyboard command to navigate between the images/graphics on a screen/page. Users can use G or Shift + G. Also recognition of text in images, including handwriting, is improved in Narrator. There are some changes and improvements as well.
Changes and Improvements
- In Microsoft Word, Narrator will now announce the presence of a draft comment, a resolved comment, a bookmark, or the availability of accessibility suggestions when reading text in the document.
- We have significantly improved nearby share transfer speed for users on same network. Before these changes, users had to be on the same private network but now users just have to be on the same network, which could be public or private. You can quickly turn on nearby share via Quick Settings and simply right-click on a local file in File Explorer, choose “Share”, and choose to share to a device listed under Nearby Share in the Windows share window.
- The Windows share window will now only show apps under “Share using” that are tied to the account you are signed into Windows with – either Microsoft account (MSA) or Microsoft Entra ID (previously Azure Active Directory). If you are signed in with an MSA, you will see Microsoft Teams (free) instead of Microsoft Teams (work or school) and not both for example.
- If you’re signed in with a Microsoft Entra ID, your Microsoft Teams (work or school) contacts will appear in the Windows share window to quickly share to.
- If you turn on nearby sharing via quick settings or directly in Settings and you have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth off, it will turn Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on so nearby sharing will work as expected. If you turn off Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, it will also turn off nearby sharing.
[Copilot in Windows]
- We’re beginning to roll out the ability to use Copilot in Windows with ALT + TAB. Using the ALT + TAB hotkey now displays the thumbnail preview for Copilot in Windows among the other thumbnail previews of open windows, which you can switch between by pressing Tab. This change does not change the ALT + TAB experience in Windows 11. Copilot only shows in ALT + TAB if Copilot is invoked from the taskbar.
- Fixed an issue where Narrator was not correctly announcing the selected item in combo boxes when users try to change the combo box value using key combination Control + up or down arrow.
- Fixed an issue where Narrator was announcing old dialog names even after users navigate to new dialog on few web pages.
- Fixed an issue where Narrator was not reading Role of a control in tables on the web while using table navigation commands CTRL + ALT + Arrow keys.
- Fixed an issue in Microsoft Excel where Narrator was not consistently reading any item in the auto-complete list that comes when writing a formula.
- Addressed an issue where Narrator was not announcing the selected state of menu items in few applications such as device manager.
- Fixed an issue where Narrator was announcing both the unselected value and the newly selected value in elements such as date fields or any elements that are formatted as tables.
- Fixed an issue in Magnifier settings page where the text below “voice speed” slider was not following the color contrast guidelines.
- Fixed an issue where Home was unexpectedly showing some users that there was NaN% storage left.
- Fixed an issue which was causing the share window to crash for some Insiders recently.
- We fixed the issue that was causing Snipping Tool to crash when taking a capture on Arm devices.
- This update addresses an issue that stops File Explorer from opening.
- Fixed an issue where Settings Home might show a prompt to sign into your Microsoft account, and fail to sign in if you tried to use it, even though Settings itself showed you were already signed in.
Snipping tool also gets an update and now screenshots and screen recording with HDR enabled display will show better colors.
If you are a Windows Insider in the Beta channel, you will recieve the update on your PC. In case you have enabled the toggle for get latest update in Windows Update page, then you will be receiving the update first. You can check for the update by going to Settings > Windows Update.
- The Big Windows 11 Update with Copilot and AI Tools is rolling out
- AI Enhanced Moving Wallpapers Rumored to be Coming to Windows 11
- Windows 11 23H2 Update Release Date, Features, and More
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks to Master Windows OS
- 18 Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop (Free)
- 23 Best Windows 10 Themes for Desktop (Free)