A new Windows 11 build is rolling out to Windows Insiders who are in the beta channel. It is a weekly update for Insiders and comes with some improvements, if not numerous. This week’s update is a small one. Here’s everything new in the update.
As is the case with every beta channel update, two builds are being rolled out for today’s update. The main Windows 11 Insider build 22631.1830 comes with all features enabled by default, while the other Windows 11 Insider build 22621.1830 has new features disabled by default. However, users can switch to the first build if they prefer.
With this update, Microsoft has added WPA3 support to the Phone Link instant hotspot feature, making connections more secure. Check out the official changelog below.
Changes and Improvements in Build 22631.1830
- We added WPA3 support to the Phone Link instant hotspot feature for more secure connections to a phone’s hotspot. Also made fixes to respect metered connection settings, reduce duplicate profiles, and show the phone’s display name in the network list.
If you are part of the Windows 11 Beta Channel program, you will receive the update on your device. If you receive build 22621.1830, you will have the option to upgrade to the other build, 22631.1830. To check for the update, go to Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates.
- How to Enable Full Screen Widgets Panel in Windows 11
- How to enable new Spotlight UI on Desktop in Windows 11
- Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop
- How to Enable Secure Boot on Windows 11
- Download Windows 11 Wallpapers
- How to get the New File Manager Experience on Windows 10 and 11
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks to Master Windows OS