Windows 11 users in the beta channel are now getting a new build 22631.1825 or build 22621.1825. Earlier this week Microsoft announced a bunch of AI features coming to Windows 11 version 22H2 later this year. And some of the features announced at Microsoft Build 2023 are already available to Windows Insiders. But it doesn’t look like this beta build has those features.
As always, today’s update to the beta channel is available in two builds for Insiders. Windows 11 build 22631.1825 is the main build which includes all the new features. While Windows 11 build 22621.1825 has some features off by default.
The latest Windows 11 update in the Beta channel shows the full amount of storage capacity of all user’s OneDrive subscriptions. The same feature was added to the update released a day ago to the Canary channel. Along with the new addition, the update fixes a bunch of issues as well. Full changelog listed below.
Fixes for BOTH Build 22621.1825 & Build 22631.1825
- New! This update provides the full amount of storage capacity of all your OneDrive subscriptions. It also displays the total storage on the Accounts page in the Settings app.
- This update addresses an issue that affects dot sourcing. It fails files that contain class definition in Windows PowerShell.
- This update addresses an issue that affects exe. It stops working after you sign out. This issue occurs after you upgrade your machine to Windows 11 Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD) and sign in to that machine.
- This update addresses an issue that affects Server Message Block (SMB). You cannot access the SMB shared folder. The errors are, “Not enough memory resources” or “Insufficient system resources.”
- This update addresses a memory leak. It occurs every time you print a rich text document.
- This update addresses an issue that affects audio playback. It fails on devices that have certain processors.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS). It stops working. This occurs when you use Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD).
- This update addresses an issue that affects the touch keyboard. Sometimes, it does not show the correct layout based on the current input scope.
- This update addresses a multi-function label printer issue. It affects the installation of some of them.
- This update addresses an issue that might affect a large reparse point. You might get a stop error when you use NTFS to access it. This issue occurs after a canceled FSCTL Set operation changes the reparse tag.
- This update addresses an issue that affects Narrator. It now announces text attributes correctly for words, such as “misspelled,” “deletion change,” and “comment.”
- This update addresses an issue that affects a computer when it renders a halftone bitmap. The computer stops working.
- This update addresses an issue that affects devices that have multiple, discreet GPUs. You cannot choose the high-performance GPUs from the default graphics settings page.
- This update changes the international mobile subscriber identity (IMSI) ranges for certain mobile providers.
- This update addresses an Event Viewer issue. It affects the rendering of a forwarded event log.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Chinese and Japanese Input Method Editor (IME). When you search within the Emoji Panel (Windows key + period (.)), search might fail for some of you.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Chinese and Japanese Handwriting Panel. It does not show text prediction candidates or stops responding. This occurs when you select a word from the candidate list of the Handwriting Panel.
- This update addresses an issue that stops your device from working when it resumes from Modern Standby. The error is 0x13A KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Windows Firewall. The firewall drops all connections to the IP address of a captive portal. This occurs when you choose the Captive Portal Addresses option.
- This update addresses an issue that affects devices that are joined to Azure Active Directory (Azure AD). The Windows Firewall cannot apply the correct domain and profile for them.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the runas It stops working. The device behaves as if you did not sign in to your account.
- This update changes the support phone number for Microsoft India for Windows activation.
- This update addresses an issue that affects applications that perform certain actions in a callback. The applications might stop working. These actions include closing a Window (WM_CLOSE).
- This update addresses an issue that affects the use of the Event Viewer. The issue limits the number of event sources that users who are not administrators can access.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Storage Spaces Direct (S2D) cluster. It might not come online. This occurs after a periodic password rollover. The error code is 1326.
- This update addresses an issue that affects access to Tab settings for IE mode sites.
- The update addresses an issue that sends unexpected password expiration notices to users. This occurs when you set up an account to use “Smart Card is Required for Interactive Logon” and set “Enable rolling of expiring NTLM secrets.”
- This update addresses an issue that affects the touch keyboard. It shows the wrong layout for the French-Canadian language.
If you are a part of the Windows 11 Beta Channel program, you will be receiving the update on your device. In case you receive build 22621.1825, you will have the option to upgrade to the other build. To check for the update go to Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates.
- How to Enable Full Screen Widgets Panel in Windows 11 Build 25201
- How to enable new Spotlight UI on Desktop in Windows 11 build 25197
- Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop
- How to Enable Secure Boot on Windows 11
- Download Windows 11 Wallpapers
- How to get the New File Manager Experience on Windows 10 and 11
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks to Master Windows OS