This week Microsoft already released updates for the release preview channel and dev channel. Now a new preview update is rolling out to the Beta channel and Canary channel as well. The new update comes as Windows 11 build 22624.1470 to the Beta channel.
As usual, the update to the beta channel is available in two different builds; Windows 11 build 22624.1470 which has all changes, and there is another build Windows 11 build 2222621.1470 which has limited features. Both updates are tagged as KB build KB5023780.
Let’s find out what’s new in the latest update.
The new updates add USB4 hubs and devices Settings. USB4 is the new generation port and supported devices will now have settings to show its complete information. It’s available under Settings > Bluetooth & devices > USB > USB4 Hubs and Devices. It shows information:
- View the tree of connected USB4 hubs and devices.
- View attributes and capabilities associated with the USB4 domain.
- Copy the details into the clipboard so it can be shared with customer support or system administrators for troubleshooting.
There is a new copy button to notifications containing 2FA codes to easily copy required codes.
In the System Tray, the update now shows a glanceable VPN status (a small shield on top of the WiFi icon) when the device is connected to a VPN profile.
The new update now includes an option to show seconds in the clock on System Tray.
These are exclusive changes for build 22624.1470. Now let’s see the changes for both builds.
The search bar on the Taskbar will now be lighter when the Windows theme is set to a custom color.
Fixes in Build 22624.1470
- We fixed the issue causing live captions to not work for Chinese Traditional on Arm64 devices.
Fixes for BOTH Build 22621.1470 & Build 22624.1470
[Search on the Taskbar]
- Fixed rendering issues when using the touch keyboard with the search box on taskbar.
- Fixed an issue when double clicking the search highlight glyph in the search box makes it disappear.
- Fixed an issue where the search box would randomly disappear.
- Fixed an issue where the search icon flips incorrectly for right-to-left (RTL) languages.
- Fixed on issue where you might have seen some text flicker in the search box when you click into it.
- Fixed an issue where the search box might disappear on one monitor if you are using multiple monitors.
- Made some accessibility fixes to the settings for search under Settings > Personalization > Taskbar.
If you are on the previous beta channel update, your PC will be automatically updated to the new build. You can get a 22624.1470 or 22621.1470 build. In case you receive build 22621.1470, you can switch to the main build 22624.1470.
To manually check for the update, go to Settings > Windows Update > Check for Update.
- How to Enable Full Screen Widgets Panel in Windows 11 Build 25201
- How to enable new Spotlight UI on Desktop in Windows 11 build 25197
- Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop
- How to Enable Secure Boot on Windows 11
- Download Windows 11 Wallpapers
- How to get the New File Manager Experience on Windows 10 and 11
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks to Master Windows OS