The new Windows 11 build 22621.457 is now available in the release preview channel to Windows 11 version 22H2 with enhanced Microsoft defender. This is a part of big beta updates that later make it to the stable build. The new Windows 11 build is available to Windows insiders. Here you can find everything about the Windows 11 build 22621.457.
The last update to Windows 11 version 22H2 was the Windows 11 build 22621.317. But it was more of a bug fix update with no new features. This is not the case with the latest build.
The new Windows 11 Insider update comes with some key changes. It was expected as it is a part of the Windows 11 version 22H2 which is soon going to release to the public. It includes enhanced Microsoft Defender, improved storage replication, apps history, and more. You can check the official changes below.
- New! We enhanced Microsoft Defender for Endpoint’s ability to identify and intercept ransomware and advanced attacks.
- New! We compressed a file regardless of its size if you have configured Server Message Block (SMB) Compression.
- New! We improved storage replication that occurs over low bandwidth or congested wide area networks (WAN).
- New! You can now view the usage history for the following resources from the Settings page:
- Camera, Microphone, Phone Calls, Messaging, Contacts, Screenshots and apps, Music library
- To use this feature, navigate to Settings >Privacy & Security
These are the new changes in the Windows 11 build 22621.457. Apart from new changes, the release preview build also comes with a bunch of bug fixes. You can check all the bug fixes list by heading to the official page.
If you are a Windows 11 Insider in the Release Preview Channel and already on the 22H2 build, then you will get this new build 22621.457 on your PC. You can also check for the update manually in Settings > Windows Update. And once you click on check for updates, it will show the new build which you can download and install on your PC. Or you can follow this guide.
Windows 11 Related:
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks to Master Windows OS
- How to Customize Lock Screen in Windows 11 [Guide]
- How to Enable and Use Desktop Stickers in Windows 11 [Guide]