Microsoft has just released the first Windows 11 preview builds for this month. And if you are a beta tester in Windows Insider Preview Program, then you can update your PC to the new beta. As usual, the company has released two new beta builds, today’s release is labeled with the Windows 11 preview build 22621.1690 and 22624.1690. Read along to know more details.
The new preview build goes live on the beta channel with the KB5026447 build number. The new features and changes are limited to the 22624.1690 build, the features are turned off on the 22621.1690. If you are a beta tester, you can easily update your PC to the latest beta builds.
For changes, today’s release brings a new Facebook widget, you can download the app from the Microsoft Store to try out the new widget.
Apart from this change, Microsoft updates the Settings > Accounts page and gives alerts to users to add a recovery email or phone number to their Microsoft account. One more change you can see in the latest beta is the For You label instead of Recommended in the Start Menu.
Here’s the complete list of changes and fixes coming with the new Windows 11 Preview Builds 22621.1690 and 22624.1690.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22624.1690 – Fixes
- Made another fix for the underlying crash impacting the ability to launch the touch keyboard / PIN entry on the login screen.
- Fixed another 2FA code pattern which wasn’t being recognized. If you see any others, please file feedback!
- Task Manager
- Did some work to help address an issue which was causing random processes to sometimes get grouped under Microsoft Edge even though they weren’t related.
- Fixed an issue impacting Task Manager reliability.
- The search icon should be easier to see now when using a contrast theme.
- Made the navigation pane a bit narrower. As part of this change, when necessary, the text will be wrapped now.
- The creation of live kernel memory dump file submenu has access keys now.
- Pressing enter when keyboard focus is on one of the sections (like Memory) in the Performance page should now actually switch sections.
- Resizing Task Manager from the top of the window should work now.
If your PC running on Windows 11 and you are a tester in the insider program, then you can install the new beta build on your system. You can check for the new update by visiting Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates.
- How to Enable Full Screen Widgets Panel in Windows 11 Build 25201
- How to enable new Spotlight UI on Desktop in Windows 11 build 25197
- Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop
- How to Enable Secure Boot on Windows 11
- Download Windows 11 Wallpapers
- How to get the New File Manager Experience on Windows 10 and 11
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks to Master Windows OS