Microsoft starts rolling out two new Windows 11 builds on Windows Insider Beta Channel. The incremental updates are labeled with Windows 11 insider preview build 22623.1180 and 22621.1180. The new update brings an updated Accounts page in Settings, Widgets improvements, alongside the other fixes.
The latest beta goes live for eligible users with the 10.0.22623.1180 build number, if you are a beta tester, then you may have already received the new update on your PC. It is a small incremental upgrade, so you can quickly install it on your Windows 11. As always, the new features are available only on the 22623.1180 build, the features are disabled on the 22621.1180 build.
Although, it is a small upgrade, but still rolling out with some UI changes, with the major change coming out for the Accounts page in the Settings app. The updated Accounts page now shows a consolidated cloud storage bar that shows your storage usage for each Microsoft product and also notifies users if running low on storage.
The other notable change that comes with Windows 11 22623.1180 beta is the Widgets panel, users can access the widgets page on Windows 11 without signing in, Yes, Microsoft has removed the sign-in requirement or the widgets board and making it available for all users.
Apart from these changes, the update addresses explorer.exe crash when loading certain app icons from Taskbar or System Tray, addresses an issue that was preventing the taskbar from showing in Safe Mode, fixed layout issues for Taskbar when contrast mode is on, addresses no screen issue for Braille devices, and more. Here’s the complete list of fixes coming with Windows 11 beta 22623.1180.
- Taskbar & System Tray
- Fixed an issue where right clicking on certain icons in the hidden icons flyout would make the flyout dismiss rather than bringing up the context menu for that icon.
- Fixed an explorer.exe crash which could happen when attempting to load certain app icons.
- Task view should no longer show behind the taskbar when using tablet-optimized taskbar options.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing taskbar from showing in Safe Mode when using the new search box option.
- Task Manager
- When the Task Manager window size is small and the search box collapses to an icon, hovering over the icon will now show a tooltip.
- Fixed a few issues with how icons and labels were displayed when a contrast mode is enabled.
- Fixed an issue where Braille devices were incorrectly saying there was no screen on the latest version of Braille.
If you’ve joined the beta channel on Insider Preview Program and running on Windows 11, then you’ll receive the new beta on your PC. You can simply head over to Settings > Windows Update > click on Check for Updates. And from there you can simply install the update on your PC.
- Download: Here are the new Microsoft Surface Duo 2 Android 12L Wallpapers
- How to Enable Full Screen Widgets Panel in Windows 11 Build 25201
- How to enable new Spotlight UI on Desktop in Windows 11 build 25197
- Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop
- How to Enable Secure Boot on Windows 11
- Download Windows 11 Wallpapers
- How to get the New File Manager Experience on Windows 10 and 11
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks to Master Windows OS