Two weeks back, Microsoft released the much-awaited Windows 11 2022 (aka 22H2) upgrade to the public. We all know – the 22H2 was a huge upgrade for Windows 11 released this year, rolling with a big list of new features and changes, but the company mentioned some features will be released in October. And the firm has just released those features, and for the time being, the features are available to the testers who opted the release preview channel.
Microsoft has officially shared the information on its Windows Insider Blog, saying, “we are beginning to roll out some of those new features to Windows Insiders in Release Preview on Windows 11, version 22H2 Build 22621.608 (KB5017389).”
If you’ve opted for the release preview channel in the Windows Insider Preview program and want to try out the new features, then you can upgrade your system to the 22621.608 build. However, Microsoft mentions that the new features will not appear to all insiders right away, it will be rolled out on a feedback basis.
Talking about the changes, then the new feature drop brings the new File Explorer experience with the addition to the new tabs, the ability to pin important files on the homepage of File Explorer, the Taskbar overflow menu, nearby sharing for more devices, and more.
Microsoft also added a feature called Suggested Actions for items that you copy, it is currently available in the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
Here are the complete details of the new features.
- New! We enhance File Explorer. It now includes tabs to help you organize your File Explorer sessions like you do in Microsoft Edge. On the new File Explorer homepage, you can pin important files for quick and easy access. Using the power of Microsoft OneDrive, you can view your colleagues’ actions on your shared files. We also provide personalized suggestions based on your Microsoft 365 account.
- New! We add a feature called Suggested Actions for items that you copy. This is available for customers in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. For example, when you copy phone numbers or future dates, we provide suggestions, such as make a call with Teams or Skype or add an event in the Calendar app.
- New! We add a taskbar overflow menu. The taskbar will offer an entry point to a menu that shows you all your overflowed apps in one space.
- New! You can now share to more devices. You can discover and share to more devices, including desktops, using a nearby sharing.
As I said earlier, your Windows 11 PC needs to be running on the 22621.608 version number, to try out the above-mentioned features. To manually check for the update users can visit Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates.
- How to Enable Full Screen Widgets Panel in Windows 11 Build 25201
- How to enable new Spotlight UI on Desktop in Windows 11 build 25197
- Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop
- How to Enable Secure Boot on Windows 11
- Download Windows 11 Wallpapers
- How to get the New File Manager Experience on Windows 10 and 11
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks to Master Windows OS