Microsoft’s Flight Simulator is undoubtedly one of the best simulators to have ever been created. With an immense world and a large roster of aircrafts and airports, it makes the flying experience even better. What’s even better is it’s World Update 4, that has recently landed itself in Microsoft’s Flight Simulator.
To start off, the World Update 4 brings in upgrades and visual improvements to the Western European region. France, Belgium and The Netherlands have got lots of Points of Interest in this particular update. Let’s take a look at what other additions have made it to the World Update 4.
Microsoft and the developers at Asobo Studios take pride in showcasing their handcrafted airports – airports that have designed to look as realistic as possible. The World Update 4 brings in three Handcrafted Airports:
- Megève Airport (LFHM) – France
- Nice Côte d’Azur Airport (LFMN) – France
- Rotterdam The Hague Airport (EHRD) – The Netherlands
Microsoft’s Flight Simulator uses Photogrammetry; using photography to survey and map various measurements between any object.
The World Update 4 brings in visual improvements for 100 airports and more detailed cities of Paris and Amsterdam. This now means that you could fly and explore these two cities enjoying every little detail that has been added.
Flight Simulator would be incomplete if it weren’t for activities and challenges in the game.
- Landing Challenge at La Salette
- Bush Trip in the Pyrenees and the Alps
Completing challenges won’t be fun without knowing all the Flight Simulator controls. You can take a look at the list of controls that we have put together for PC. You can also take a look at the whole Points of Interest list by heading over to the official Flight Simulator blog post.
Microsoft Flight Simulator World Update 4 Release Notes
The World Update 4 not only brings in new content but also drops in lots of patch fixes.
- Fixed reduction of tree display distance that was caused by smaller tree sizes
- Water mask has been updated with latest locations
- Localization has been added for Japanese and Dutch
- Incorrect fuel weight calculation when switching planes in the “Weight and Balance” screen has been fixed
- S7 Airbus A320neo livery has been added
- KLM Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner livery has been added
- Fixed screens not turning on under rare circumstances
- Fixed black screens for various Aviat Pitts Special S2S liveries
- Updated Diamond DA40NG speed, ground roll and fuel consumption
- Honeycomb device 10 degrees heading issue has been fixed
- Fix sim rate speed change according to the various activity types
- Autopilot has been fixed in the second tutorial
- Added a new feature on the DevMode toolbar to let you know when a new release is available for download. It also includes the release notes for this update and the previous ones
- Improved the DevMode font, which could be blurry on some screens
- Added an Airport Creation Wizard to ease the creation of new airports
- New option to flag if a package is designed for Xbox and/or PC. This is mainly in preparation for some transparent changes in the back-end and shouldn’t affect your current work. Simply select this option if you consider releasing your content on Xbox via the in-game marketplace in the future.
- Massive update to the Scenery Editor documentation
- Added External Installer Sample
- Added a page about VR for cockpits
- Added liveries sample
- Split « Documentation » tab in 2 links, « Open local » which is downloaded with the SDK update or « Open online » which redirects to docs.flightsimulator.com
- Fixed a bug on TaxiwaySign properties to prevent from typing invalid characters
- Removed inactive options: Cast shadow & No Snow
- Fixed a crash when using Importer from AP
- Fixed a bug that didn’t show object test radius when selected
- Fixed a bug on taxiway lines that were no longer displayed
- Fixed a buffer overflow on Display Name
- Fixed a crash when exiting « one-click placing » with Properties window visible
- Added a button to remove material from polygons
- Implemented the Delete Key as a way to delete individual points on polygons-based objects (painted lines, apron, polygons…)
- The Initial Zoom value in the Camera tab is now capped to 20
- Fixed execute_calculator_code proxy and added more security to it
- Exposed ROTATION_ACCELERATION_BODY_X/Y/Z Simvars
- The cockpit screens can end up in an unresponsive state if the RTC finishes and proceed into flight. Please make sure to click the Fly Now button before the RTC ends. (RTC = Real-Time Cinematic)
Flight Simulator’s World Update 4 comes in as a huge download weighing in at around 27 GB.
- Patch 22.214.171.124 = 17 GB
- Marketplace World Update 4 – 5.15 GB
- Content Manager Updates – 170 MB
- Patch 126.96.36.199 – 4 GB
- Microsoft Store Update – 1.23 GB
The update will probably take some time to download depending on your internet connection’s speed. While you are downloading the update, you can also take a look at the tips and tricks guide to make the best of Microsoft’s Flight Simulator World Update 4.
You May Also Like – Age of Empires IV Release Date and Gameplay Revealed
If you’ve any query, then let us know in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: