Microsoft Flight Simulator has been released and it comes with plenty of airports and airplanes to choose from. The game will feature every single airport from around the world. Though, some will be more popular than others. The same will be said for the aircraft. Read on to find out the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Airports and Airplanes list.
According to Microsoft, players will be able to land and take off from the 37,000 procedurally generated airports located all over the world. However, 40 of these airports in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 include “hand-crafted” features and elements.
The handcrafted airports will offer more detail and many other features. So, for example, all players will be able to fly into London’s Heathrow airport, but only players who have Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Premium Deluxe version will be able to see and experience these handcrafted elements.
Microsoft has not said what the actual differences are between the hand-crafted and non-handcrafted versions of airports.
What is a ‘Handcrafted Airport’ in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020?
Microsoft’s handcrafted airports in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 refer to those “high-level” locations, that have had massive creative input as compared to the other broader 37,000 airports.
This creative input includes reconstructing various defining architecture in the environment, custom lighting models, and better mapping of the intricate areas to imitate their real-life detailing.
Below is the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 list of handcrafted airports. The Standard edition will have 30 handcrafted airports. The Deluxe Edition will have 35 and the Premium Edition will have 40.
These are all the handcrafted airports available from the Standard Edition of the game:
- Aspen/Pitkin County Airport (Colorado, USA)
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (Ontario, Canada
- Bugalaga Airstrip (CAMA) (Indonesia)
- Chagual Airport (Peru)
- Courchevel Altiport (France)
- Cristiano Ronaldo Madeira International Airport (Portugal)
- Donegal Airport (Ireland)
- Entebbe International Airport (Uganda)
- Gibraltar International Airport (Gibraltar, UK)
- Gustaf III Airport (France, Saint Barthelemy)
- Haneda Airport (Japan)
- Innsbruck Airport (Austria)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (New York, USA)
- Juancho E. Yrausquin Airport (Dutch Saba)
- Los Angeles International Airport (California, USA)
- Mariscal Sucre International Airport (Ecuador)
- Nanwalek Airport (Alaska, USA)
- Orlando International Airport (Florida, USA)
- Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (France)
- Paro International Airport (Bhutan)
- Queenstown Airport (New Zealand)
- Rio de Janeiro – Antonio Carlos Jobim/Gaelao International Airport (Brazil)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (Washington, USA)
- Sedona Airport (Arizona, USA)
- Sirena Aerodrome (Costa Rica)
- Stewart Airport (British Columbia, Canada)
- Sydney Airport (Australia)
- Telluride Regional Airport (Colorado, USA)
- Tenzing-Hillary Airport (Nepal)
- Toncontin International Airport (Honduras)
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 additional handcrafted airports for Deluxe and Premium Editions.
The 2 premium editions of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 will each bring an additional 5 handcrafted airports for a respective total of 35 and 40 handcrafted airports for Deluxe and Premium Editions.
The Deluxe Edition will have the following additional 5 handcrafted airports:
- Adolfo Suarez Madrid-Barajas (Spain)
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (Netherlands)
- Cairo International Airport (Egypt)
- Cape Town International Airport (South Africa)
- O’Hare International Airport (Chicago, USA)
With the Premium Edition of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, you will get an additional 5 airports including all of those in the Standard and Deluxe Editions:
- Denver International Airport (Colorado, USA)
- Dubai International Airport (UAE)
- Frankfurt Airport (Germany)
- Heathrow Airport (UK)
- San Francisco International Airport (California, USA)
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Aircraft List
The list of aircraft in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is also the same and each edition will have extra airplanes.
Below is the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 aircrafts list available in the Standard Edition.
- Daher TBM 930
- Textron Aviation Beechcraft King Air 350i
- Textron Aviation 208 B Grand Caravan EX
- Airbus A320neo
- Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental
- Textron Aviation Cessna Citation CJ4
- Aviat Pitts Special S2S
- Cub Crafter X Cub
- Diamond Aircraft DA40NG
- Diamond Aircraft DA62
- Extra 330LT
- Flight Design CTSL
- ICON A5
- JBM Aircraft VL-3
- Robin Cap10
- Robin DR400/100 Cadet
- Textron Aviation Beechcraft Bonanza G36
- Textron Aviation Cessna 152
- Textron Aviation Cessna 172 Skyhawk (G1000)
- Zlin Aviation Savage Cub
The Deluxe Edition will bring 5 extra aircraft for a total of 25 including airplanes in the Standard Edition. Below is the addition Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 airplanes list available in the Deluxe Edition.
- Textron Aviation Beechcraft Baron G58
- Diamond Aircraft DA40-TDI
- Diamond Aircraft DV20
- Textron Aviation Cessna 152 Aerobat
- Textron Aviation Cessna 172 Skyhawk
The Premium Edition will bring 5 extra aircraft for a total of 30, including airplanes in the Standard and Deluxe Editions. Below is the addition Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 airplanes list available in the Premium Edition.
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner
- Textron Aviation Cessna Citation Longitude
- Cirrus Aircraft SR22
- Pipistrel Virus SW 121
- Zlin Aviation Shock Ultra
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 in-game marketplace
Game developer Asobo Studio confirmed that Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 will have an in-game marketplace. This will allow third-party studios and individual modders to sell their creations to players.
Not much information has been revealed about the type of creations that will be available. We can expect that most of the creations will be airplanes.
At the time of publishing, there’s only one additional aircraft available for purchase from the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 in-game marketplace.
- Carenado CT182T Skylane ($30)
What do you think of the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Airports and Aircraft list? Is the price ok or it’s too much? Tell us what you think in the comments box below.
You might also like:
- How to enable the new Windows Start menu in Windows 10
- 20 Best Offline Action Games to Play Without Internet
- 15 Best Windows 10 Themes for Desktop  (Free)
1 thought on “Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Airports and Aircrafts List”
Mark, thanks for the robust article as to what airports and plans come with the premium version. Best wishes from the US.