Mi 9T the new favorite of many Android phone users. The same device is available in China with the name Redmi K20, but globally it is known as Mi 9T. This is a starter guide towards development which includes basic guides. Here you will know how to boot Mi 9T to Fastboot Mode & How to unlock bootloader on Mi 9T.
Fastboot Mode is available in almost all the phone, but in some phones, it is known as Download Mode. The name is different but the function is to write to the system files with commands or tools. If you have a question that when you need to boot Mi 9T into Fastboot mode. There here’s the answer, you need it to install TWRP Recovery, change the current partition, format device, unlock bootloader and more.
By default, all the Android phones come with locked bootloader which means you can not modify anything on your phone. And if you want to modify system then you have to first unlock the bootloader. Each company has a different method to unlock bootloader on their phones. And similarly, Xiaomi has its own method. So in this guide, you will find an easy way to unlock bootloader on Mi 9T. But first here is the glimpse of Mi 9T specifications.
Mi 9T – Details
The device features a 6.39-inch AMOLED FHD+ (1080 x 2340 pixels) resolution with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on top of it. It runs on MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie out of the box. Mi 9T is powered with Qualcomm Snapdragon 730 chipset with integrated Adreno 618 GPU. It packs with 6GB RAM and 64GB / 128GB storage option.
On the other side the device, it has a triple rear camera setup at back with 48MP + 13MP + 8MP sensors. And at the front, it has a pop-up selfie camera of a 20-megapixel sensor. Mi 9T boasts a 4000mAh battery and also supports fast charging. Now let’s see how we can boot Mi 9T into Fastboot Mode and then guide to unlock bootloader.
How to Boot Mi 9T into Fastboot Mode
You can boot any device to fastboot mode with more than one methods. Here we will share both the methods. So follow up any method that’s easy for you.
- First, turn off your phone completely.
- Then long press Volume Down + Power button together.
- After Fastboot Mode appears on the screen, release both buttons.
- Now your device is successfully in the Fastboot mode.
- Open Settings on your Mi 9T.
- In Settings, go to About Phone and tap 7 times on MIUI Version.
- Now go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- In Developer options, enable USB Debugging.
- Connect the phone to PC using a USB cable.
- Open Command window or CMD on PC.
- Enter the below commands on one by one, also select yes after first command
adb reboot bootloader
- Now the device will boot to Fastboot Mode.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Mi 9T
If you are thinking about modifications like rooting, installing TWRP Recovery then you need to Unlock Bootloader first. So follow this step by step guide to unlock Bootloader of Mi 9T.
Note: Unlocking Bootloader will erase all the data so make sure to take a full backup before the process.
Step 1: Link Mi Account
- Open Settings on the phone and go to Mi Account.
- Login with any old or new Mi Account (Old is preferred).
- After login, again go to Mi Account and then Mi Cloud.
- Enable Sync and turn on Find device in Mi Cloud.
- Sync all items once, you can exclude Gallery & Recorder.
- Now go to Settings > About Phone and tap 7 times on MIUI Version.
- Go to Additional Settings > Developer Options and enable OEM Unlocking.
- Connect to the Internet using the Mobile data of the same number linked to your Mi Account.
- Select Mi Unlock Status and click on Add Account. It will connect/link the Mi Account and give a success message.
Step 2: Unlock Bootloader
- Make sure you have an active internet connection while performing this process.
- Download Mi Unlock Tool from here.
- Open Mi Unlock Tool and login with the same account.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on PC.
- Boot your Mi 9T to Fastboot Mode from the above guide.
- Connect your Phone to PC using a USB cable.
- The Mi Unlock Tool will detect your phone and then click on Unlock Now.
- It will check if your device is eligible to unlock and then unlock the bootloader. Sometimes it shows waiting time before unlocking so just wait and try after the specified time. Also, remember not to log out of Mi Account in the device.
- After erasing all the data setup your device and enjoy.
Now you can easily install TWRP Recovery, root your Mi 9T and More. If you get any error then comment and we will reply with the solution.