Huawei is constantly pushing Android 10 updates to its different phones starting from flagship phones. Huawei phones like P30, P30 Pro, Mate 20 have already got the Android 10 update, but as an EMUI 10. Despite being the ban, Huawei is fighting and pushing Android updates to currently available devices. Now Honor 20, Honor 20 Pro & Honor View 20 are getting Android 10 based Magic UI 3.0 update with a long list of changelog.
It’s a big update for Honor 20, Honor 20 Pro and Honor View 20 which comes with many new features. The Honor View 20 update comes with version 10.0.0.175(C00E59R1P11) and Honor 20 update comes with version 10.0.0.168(C431E9R3P7). Many users have reported that they have received the Magic UI 3.0 update with features like new UI and other Android 10 features. The update also brings the October 2019 security patch.
The Honor 20, Honor View 20 Android 10 update rolling out in batches so it is possible that some users get it late. But you can manually check for updates and further install it. Magic UI 3.0 update for Honor View 20 is about 5.25GB and for Honor 20 it is of size 4.63GB. Below we have included the changelog which contains a list of new features and bug fixes.
Must Read | 10 Best Huawei Mate 20 Pro Cases and Covers
Honor View 20 Magic UI 3.0 Update: Changelog
User interface: intricate and breathtaking
- Magazine Design
- AI-powered Magazine unlock screen for a wholly reimagined aesthetic page design and riveting text descriptions
- Morandi Color
- Understand gray tones make for a gentler and more comfortable display
- Dynamic, naturally-based animations for page transitions, app launches, and other scenarios
- Member Center
- Adds the Member Center desktop icon, for easier access to Member Center and related services
Performance: stable and smooth
- Ark Compiler
- Adds support for over 35 mainstream apps, and also improves app speed and operating smoothness
- Link Turbo
- Intelligent accelerated network technology provides high bandwidth and smooth low latency Internet connections
- GPU Turbo
- Improves the smoothness and stability of the system when playing games
- Phone Clone
- Improves the connection and cloning speed
Security: more secure data and privacy
- Formally verified microkernel
- Uses Huawei’s own self-developed microkernel design, certified as the most secure OS kernel for commercial use
- Distributed technology
- Improves security when connecting to other Huawei devices, as well as when transferring files between and storing data on other Huawei devices
- Privacy protection
- Supports app sandboxing capabilities for standardized app permission management and more secure data and privacy protection
Smart office: collaborative and efficient
- Multi-Screen Collaboration
- Allows you to drag and drop photos, videos, and files between your phone and Huawei laptop with a single tap, and also to control your phone with the keyboard and mouse
MEETime: HD video calls
- High definition
- Supports 1080p HD video calls consume only Wi-Fi or data traffic and will not be charged as calls by carriers
- Make or answer calls on a wide range of devices
- Go to Phone > MEETime and select a contact to initiate an HD video call. You can also make and answer calls between Huawei phones and smart TVs, and transfer calls on a wide range of devices
- More features
- Supports one-touch beautification settings during video calls
Smart assistance: more responsive and intelligent
- Interact with YOYO to enjoy continous assistance with a single wakeup
- AI Lens and HiTouch
- Automatically displays JD’s shopping screen after scanning a product or touching a product image with two fingers
- Scrolling translation
- Supports translating onscreen text in real time while scrolling down a page
Media and entertainment: more fun
- Connecting to mobile gimbals via Bluetooth
- Supports using the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 to take photos and record videos with the camera
- AppAssistant dropzone
- Adds a dropzone for AppAssistant, allowing you to quickly access services such as a game acceleration and do-not-disturb
If you want to experience Android 10 on your Honor 20, Honor 20 Pro or Honor View 20. Then you can manually install the update. Right now the update OTA file is now available, but with the help of the HiCare app, you can install the Magic UI 3.0 update based on Android 10. Before installing first check out the requirements.
- Take a full backup before updating your device
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Internet connection is required
- HiCare App should be installed on your phone
How to Install Honor 20 & Honor View 20 Android 10 Update (Magic UI 3.0)
If you did not receive the update, then go through the following steps, and you will get the Magic UI 3.0 based Android 10 update. The below method is official and safe, you do not have to worry about losing data. But still, I will recommend you to take a full backup.
- Make sure to connect your phone to an active Internet connection.
- Then open HiCare App on your Honor 20, Honor 20 Pro, or Honor View 20.
- Log in with your Huawei account, skip if you have already logged in.
- Now when the app asks for location access, provide it, and if not, then check in the settings (App info settings).
- In the HiCare App, click on the Update option.
- Now you will see Magic UI 3.0 update for your phone.
- Then click on the Update button, and it will redirect you to System Updater.
- In the Updater, click on Download and Install to update your Honor 20 or Honor View 20 Pro to the Magic UI 3.0.
- It will first download the update and then install it on your phone.
- After the installation, the phone will auto reboot.
- That’s all now you have the latest Magic UI 3.0 on your Honor 20 & Honor View 20 phone.
Now you can enjoy Android 10 based on Magic UI 3.0 on your Honor 20 and Honor View 20.