Redmi Note series is one of the best series which gets a lot of attention from developers because of its popularity. Take Redmi Note 3 which is a very old phone but it still gets new custom ROMs so you can imagine about Redmi Note 7 development. It has already started, the first Custom ROM for Redmi Note 7 is here in form of LineageOS 16.0 [Unofficial] based on Android Pie. Here you will know how to download & install LineageOS 16.0 on Redmi Note 7.
It’s a first Unofficial Custom ROM for Redmi Note 7 which is developed by letsmakecakes a senior member on XDA forum. All thanks to him for contributing towards the first unofficial custom ROM for Redmi Note 7. If you are one of those who likes to try different custom ROMs then it’s a good ROM to start with. LineageOS is a well known operating system which is open for anyone for development. You must have heard about it at least once if you visit XDA more often.
It’s an Android 9 Pie based ROM with Linux 4.x system Kernel. There are many advantages of installing a Custom ROM on Android Phones such as testing, stick to latest Android Version, Mods support and much more. LineageOS 16.0 for Redmi Note 7 is stable, but there are some known bugs about which you will know below.
LineageOS 16.0 ROM for Redmi Note 7 [Unofficial]
The second build of unofficial LineageOS 16.0 for Redmi Note 7 is already out on 24th April. Below are the changelogs and known bugs of LineageOS 16.0 after second build.
- Combined into a single zip
- vbmeta has been included in zip. So, no need to flash vbmeta sperately. Thanks to @Dyneteve
- Added some more device framework
- Fixed some overlays
- GPS now working
- Brightness flickers while sliding the brightness slider
- Bluetooth Audio
- FM radio is broken
The bug depends on many things like dirty flashing can have more bugs. There are chances that you can face some other minor bugs too.
Download LineageOS 16.0 for Redmi Note 7
The second build is now available and published by the LineageOS 16.0 moderator letsmakecakes. The link is in Google Drive for the LineageOS 16.0 ROM. You also need to download GApps to use Google Apps on your phone like Play Store, Play Services and more.
- Download LineageOS 16.0 & GApps for Redmi Note 7 (from here)
After downloading you are ready to flash it on your phone. Follow the installation instruction to flash it properly.
How to Install LineageOS 16.0 ROM on Redmi Note 7
- Unlock Bootloader on Redmi Note 7
- Install TWRP on Redmi Note 7
- Phone should be charged to at least 50%
- For Root – Download Magisk Zip
- Take a full backup of your phone
Steps to Install LineageOS 16.0 on Redmi Note 7
- Transfer ROM & GApps to MicroSD card or other external storage. Also, transfer Magisk zip if you want to Root.
- Completely power off the device.
- Press & hold Power + Volume Up button together, release both keys when you see Mi logo.
- Now phone will enter in TWRP Recovery.
- In TWRP Recovery, go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe. Select everything except MicroSD card & USB OTG. Then Wipe everything.
- After Factory reset, go to Install and locate LineageOS 16.0 ROM zip file and flash it.
- Again go to Install and flash Gapps zip file.
- And if you want to root your phone then flash Magisk zip file. Skip this if you don’t want to root your Redmi Note 7.
- Go to Reboot > System.
- It will boot into the system (first boot can take time). After rebooting setup your device and enjoy!
Note : If the ROM is not booting into System . Then enter fastboot mode and do fastboot -w in terminal and follow the process from beginning it should work.
Joint this Telegram Group to get help when you find bugs.
- If VoLTE is not working then download VoLTEFix.zip file and flash it from TWRP Recovery.
- If there is a problem with incoming calls then go to Mobile Network Settings and select WCDMA/LTE option.
So there you have it the complete guide on Unofficial LineageOS 16.0 for Redmi Note 7. As the ROM is an early build, so you have to face some minor bugs, but it will be fixed in upcoming builds. If you are unable to install LineageOS 16.0 on your phone then let us know about the error in the comment section. We will reply with the solution.