LineageOS is one of the popular custom ROM projects which is available for a large number of devices. The latest version is LineageOS 16.0 which is based on Android 9 Pie. And recently the official LineageOS 16 ROM added in the list of Redmi Note 7 Pro custom ROMs. Here you will know how to download & install LineageOS 16.0 on Redmi Note 7 Pro.
Most of the devices which do not have official LineageOS support may have the unofficial LineageOS support. We have already prepared a list of LineageOS 16.0 for supported Android phones. Earlier only the unofficial LineageOS 16.0 was available for Redmi Note 7 Pro and now the official LineageOS 16.0 is released. Although the development for both official and unofficial will continue. So you can choose any of the two LineageOS 16.0. You will be surprised to know that the official LineageOS is still not available for Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 6 series phones. But luckily it is available for Note 7 Pro and all the credit goes to the developer and contributor.
As you already know LineageOS 16.0 is based on Android 9 Pie, which means most of the Android Pie features will be available in LineageOS 16.0. If you love the stock interface then you are definitely going to love LineageOS 16.0. The features include gestures, digital wellbeing, better RAM management, customization and much more. You can install LineageOS 16.0 on Redmi Note 7 pro using the guide given after download link.
Download LineageOS 16.0 for Redmi Note 7 Pro
LineageOS and Pixel Experience ROM is among the top priorities of users. The reason is its performance and time to time update. If you have ever used a custom ROM on Android phone then you already know that a zip file is required to install a custom ROM. So download the zip file using the below official download link.
Download LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 7 Pro
After downloading the flashable LineageOS zip file you can easily install it on your phone. Just follow the install guide and you can install the LineageOS ROM in a few minutes. Let’s now start the installation guide.
How to Install LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7 Pro
The installation guide is very similar to any other Android phone. You just need to fulfill the requirements and you will be able to use LineageOS 16 on your Note 7 Pro. But first, make sure to follow prerequisites.
- Bootloader should be unlocked (Guide Here)
- Custom Recovery is required
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on PC
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Take a full backup of data (This will erase all the data)
Steps to Install LineageOS 16
- Transfer the downloaded Zip file (LineageOS ROM) to C:\adb. Rename the zip file to lineageos.zip for convenience.
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Go to About phone section and tap MIUI Version 7 times, it should return ‘You are now a developer’.
- Go back to Settings and open Additional Settings then Developer Options.
- In Developer Options enable USB Debugging, and also make sure OEM Unlocking is enabled.
- Turn off your phone completely. Then boot the phone into custom recovery like TWRP recovery.
- In TWRP Recovery, go to Wipe > Format Data and enter ‘yes’.
- Go back to Wipe and this time select Advance wipe and choose System & Cache and Wipe.
- Go back to TWRP home, then go to Advanced > ADB Sideload and swipe to sideload zip.
- Connect your phone to PC using a USB cable.
- In C:\adb location press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open PowerShell window here’ or ‘Open Command window here’.
- Enter the below command to flash the zip file to the phone using PC
adb sideload lineageos.zip
- It will install the LineageOS 16 on your Redmi Note 7 Pro. Now you can flash GApps and Magisk whenever you want.
- Reboot to the system and Enjoy.
If the Widewine L1 doesn’t work then you might need to flash Magisk and tweak the system. So there you have it the complete guide on LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 7 Pro. If you get any error then comment down below with the problem/question. And we will reply with the solution/answer.