OnePlus One is one of the best and cheapest flagship smartphone of the year 2014. As the device was launched in 2014, it runs on the Android KitKat and later on it gets the Android Marshmallow update. Now, The smartphone is no longer supported by the company. So, If you want to taste the Android Pie 9.0 or taste the latest Android version then you can simply flash custom ROM. LineageOS is one of the best working options. And here’s the step by step manual guide to Download & Install LineageOS 16.0 on OnePlus One.
The unofficial Android Pie 9.0 works fine on the OnePlus One review. All thanks to jrior001 (Senior XDA member) for contributing and sharing the useful files. The LineageOS ROM works faster, battery life is better, improvements in camera, and much more. You can also take a dig at the AndroidAuthority review with a Pie-based ROM tested on OnePlus One. LineageOS is a well known operating system which is open for anyone for development. While there are some other things, you can try on your phone after flashing the ROM.
As it is the Android Pie-based ROM, you can also access the features like Digital Wellbeing, Dark Mode, Adaptive battery, Adaptive brightness, and other features. It is running on Linux 3.4.X kernel. Also, the Open GApps are available for the device. And the best thing is, LineageOS 16.0 for OnePlus One is the beta ROM but still, it works fine. Let’s Download LineageOS 16.0 for OnePlus One.
Download LineageOS 16.0 for OnePlus One
The official build is available to download, it was published by jrior001. The latest build is size around 395MB. You also need to download GApps to use Google Apps on your phone like Play Store, Play Services and more. Below we attach the download link for both the ROM and Open GApps.
Once downloaded, you can follow the below methods to flash the file on your OnePlus One. The below methods helps you if your smartphone is running on the Stock OS.
- Download TWRP for OnePlus One [Latest]
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Before flashing, Make sure to charge your phone at least 60%.
- For Root – Download Magisk Zip
How to Install LineageOS 16.0 ROM on OnePlus One
- Transfer ROM & GApps to MicroSD card or other external storage. Also, transfer Magisk zip if you want to Root.
- Completely power off the device.
- Press & hold Power + Volume Up button together, release both keys when you see Mi logo.
- Now phone will enter in TWRP Recovery.
- In TWRP Recovery, go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe. Select everything except MicroSD card & USB OTG. Then Wipe everything.
- After Factory reset, go to Install and locate LineageOS 16.0 ROM zip file and flash it.
- Again go to Install and flash Gapps zip file.
- And if you want to root your phone then flash Magisk zip file. Skip this if you don’t want to root your OnePlus One.
- Go to Reboot > System.
- It will boot into the system (first boot can take time). After rebooting setup your device and enjoy!
Note : If the ROM is not booting into System . Then enter fastboot mode and do fastboot -w in terminal and follow the process from beginning it should work.
Starting using your OnePlus One on the Android Pie-based LineageOS 16.0. That’s it.
You May Also Like – How to Enable Dark Mode on Android
If you have any query, you can drop the comments in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
Note: Flashing ROM may void the warranty of your devices, and we are not responsible for any damage or data loss caused by you.
More Related Articles: