LG may have loosened their grip on the smartphone industry but it still offers some great valuable Android phones like the LG V60. LG V60 is a last year’s flagship phone from LG released in March 2020. It was launched with the Android 10 OS out of the box and now within a year, it is receiving its first major update in the form of Android 11. The update is available in the US through Verizon’s channel.
LG does not have a good Android update history and LG V60 is the second device from LG that is getting the Android 11 update. The first LG device to get Android 11 is LG Velvet but it was only rolled out in South Korea. It makes the LG V60 the first device to get the Android 11 update in the US.
It is great news for Verizon’s LG V60 users as they will finally get to experience some new features. If I talk about the LG V60 ThinQ 5G UW Android 11 update, then it is available with build version V600VM20a. Verizon confirms the Android 11 rollout on their support page. As it is a major update, this can weigh more than regular updates. Below you can also find the full changelog.
LG V60 ThinQ 5G UW Android 11 update – Changelog
This software update introduces Android OS 11 which includes fundamental application updates and the latest Android security patches.
- Conversation bubbles: Notify you of a new message via a floating bubble. In Settings > Notifications > Conversation notifications, you can see the full list of conversations to set up for bubble notifications.
Wireless Emergency Alert
- Applications and Menu update: In Settings > Network & Internet > Wireless Emergency Alerts, the menu has been updated with Google WEA.
Tap & pay
- Tap & pay: Tap & pay is now shown when NFC is on, and disappears when it is off. It has also moved from Default apps to Settings > Connected devices > NFC.
- Menu update: In Settings > Network & internet > Tethering & Mobile Hotspot > Mobile Hotspot
- OS 10: Supports the “Manage connections” and “802.11 mode” menu
- OS 11: Removes the “Manage connections” and “802.11 mode” menu (Spec. VZ_REQ_WFMH_27817, VZ_REQ_WFMH_27791)
- Tutorial slider: The order of tutorial in the slider windows has been changed to Camera modes and Front/rear cameras. Also the background color has changed to black.
- Quick Video: Press and hold the shutter button to record a short video. Drag and hold the button for burst mode.
- Switch camera button: The button shape has changed in Photo, Video and Time-lapse mode.
- Quick settings: Three icons (Focus mode, Bedtime mode and Nearby Share) have been added to the main notification panel from the edit list (hidden).
- Focus Mode: You can pause distracting apps and hide their notifications on your schedule.
- Bedtime Mode: Avoid interruptions such as calls and notification while you sleep.
- Nearby Share: Turn on for sharing with nearby devices together.
- Mobile data icon moved to the first page and Hi Fi Quad DAC icon moved to the second page.
- Volume panel: The volume panel display has moved from the top of the screen to the left.
As you check in the changelog the update brings most of the Android 11 features on the LG V60 such as Chat Bubbles, Improved UI, enhanced privacy, etc. The latest update also brings the January 2021 Android Security patch on the device.
The update is available for Verizon’s LG V60 ThinQ 5G UW, and it is available over the air. Some of you may have already received the update. But if not then you can manually check for the update by going to Settings > About Phone > Software Update > Check for Update. It will show the latest available Update, click on Download Now and then click on Install Now your device to install the latest Android 11 update on your LG V60.
If you’ve any query, then leave it in the comment box below. Also, share this article with your friends.
- How to Root LG V60 ThinQ and Unlock Bootloader (Guide)
- Download Google Camera 8.0 for LG Phones [Latest APK]
- LG’s new LG Velvet UI is coming to 6 LG devices