Another LG phone has joined the list of phones to get the Android 12 update. The LG Q52 is now the latest LG phone to get the stable Android 12 update. As we reported earlier this month, Android 12 for LG Q52 is now finally rolling out to users in South Korea. Check out what’s new in the latest update.
Android 13 is already available to the public starting with the Pixel phone series. But there are still many Android phones left for the Android 12 update. LG is still doing a better job than some other OEMs considering LG no longer makes mobile phones.
LG Q52 is a low mid-range phone released in 2020 with Android 10 OS. The company later released the Android 11 update for the LG Q52. And finally, the second major update is being released for the LG Q52. This might be the last major update for the device. LG is rolling out the update in mainland South Korea.
LG Q52 Android 12 update is available with software version Q520N30b. It is available on unlocked variants and carrier locked phones from LG U+, KT, and SKT. The update brings Android 12 OS and some new features. You can check out the translated changelog below.
- Android 12 OS has been applied.
- A function to restrict/allow microphone use has been added for privacy protection.
- For privacy protection, a green icon is displayed at the top of the screen while the camera/microphone is in use.
- Added ability to choose between exact location or approximate location when allowing the app to determine the location of your device.
- A shortcut icon for IoT device control has been added to the notification window.
- When using security lock, a function has been added to lock the phone by pressing and holding the power button and selecting the lock icon on the screen.
- A function has been added to release the permissions of apps that have not been used for a certain period of time and to free up space by deleting temporary files.
- Added safety and emergency menus to settings.
Just like previous updates, the Android 12 for LG Q52 is rolling out in batches. This means the update will be rolled out to groups of users. And this can take a few weeks or even more than a month to reach all eligible phones. Also, the update will be available in other regions soon.
You can manually check for the update from Software Update in Settings. If you don’t want to wait, then you can use the LG Bridge tool to update your phone manually using a PC. Before updating your phone, take a backup of your phone and charge it to at least 50%.
- LG G8 ThinQ starts receiving stable Android 12 Update
- These are the Wallpapers of the canceled LG Velvet 2 Pro
- How to Watch ESPN on LG Smart TVs [Guide]