Microsoft has released a new incremental upgrade for Android Subsystem on Windows 11. The latest update goes official two months after the major Android 12L subsystem update. The firm has started pushing the new update with the 2205.40000.14.0 version number and it is limited to Windows 11 users in the US. Obviously, the new upgrade packs a flurry of new features, enhancements, and fixes. Read along to know more about the July Windows Subsystem for Android update.
Microsoft rolls out the new Windows Subsystem Android update with advanced networking support, which enables app access to local network devices for ARM computers. Apart from that, there’s a new Settings app for the Android Subsystem with support for advanced networking, the feature allows you to remove an IP address from the Developer section in the Settings app.
The July update also comes with a bunch of fixes including scrolling with mouse and trackpad, a fix for non-resizable apps, Android May kernel patch, improved web browser launching time, AV1 codec support, updated Chromium WebView 101, and more. Check out the complete list of changes here.
July Windows Subsystem for Android Update – Changelog
- Enabled Advanced Networking functionality, including app access to local network devices for ARM
- VM IP address removed from Settings app. With Advanced Networking, now the IP address of the VM is the same as the host/computer IP.
- Fixes for non-resizable app content on maximize or resizing
- Fixes for scrolling with mouse and trackpad in apps
- Android May Kernel patches
- Android windows marked secure can no longer be screenshotted
- Improve web browser launching
- Enable doze and app standby while charging for improved power saving
- ADB debug prompts redirected to Windows for improved security
- Updated to Chromium WebView 101
- Fixes for graphics including app flickering and graphics corruption
- Fixes for video playback
- AV1 Codec support
- Enabled IPv6 and VPN Connectivity
- Increased the performance and reliability connecting to virtual WIFI in the container
- Video playback apps can now prevent the screen from turning off in Windows
July Windows Subsystem for Android Update – Known Issues
- Some VPNs may not work with Advanced Networking. If you use a VPN and find Android apps do not have network connectivity, please disable Advanced Networking in the Windows Subsystem for Android Settings app
As I said earlier, the new upgrade is live in the US for all Windows 11 Insider channels. Yes, you can update your Windows to the latest available version from the Settings app.
- How to Download Windows 11 22H2 Update Right Now
- Download Windows 11 Wallpapers [4K Resolution]
- Download Windows 11 SE Wallpapers [FHD+]
- Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop (2021)
- How to get Google Play Store on Windows 11
- How to sideload APKs on Windows 11